Update by user Oct 08, 2013

Correction to Below:

(should be 10/7/13 not 10/8/13)

Someone posted a new comment here on 10/7/13 that either didn't get posted or got removed. Whoever that person is (whether an Intelius employee or otherwise) needs to re-submit their comment again. I didn't get to see their comment after I received a notification of a new post being submitted on Pissed Consumer on 10/7/13.

Update by user Oct 08, 2013

Someone posted a new comment here on 10/8/13 that either didn't get posted or got removed. Whoever that person is (whether an Intelius employee or otherwise) needs to re-submit their comment again. I didn't get to see their comment after I received a notification of a new post being submitted on Pissed Consumer on 10/8/13.

Original review posted by user Sep 25, 2013

I recently Opted-Out my name from the the Intelius people search website. When checking their site after searching my name, they had wrong addresses, wrong relatives associated with my name. I submitted the needed information to Opt-Out and it appeared that they took down this misinformation. Now after checking their website a month later, I noticed that there is an individual with the same "first" and "last" name as me, but different middle name, different age, different gender, that is having several of my addresses and relatives being associated to their Intelius profile. This other person lives in states that I have never lived in, has a completely different middle name, has a different DOB, different gender, has different named relatives, and entirely different addresses than me - but is having some of my information aggregated in with theirs.

This is a dangerous thing and should be illegal. Publicly available information does not mean randomly aggregating different people's data into one wrong profile. An on line people search company or data broker that is posting wrong data or aggregating wrong data about someone needs to be held legally accountable.

The bottom line is - Intelius is not a reliable data source or aggregator of data. I my case, they did not follow instructions when errors were brought to their attention, have been incompetent, negligent, and have actually made things worse for me. I forgot to mention that in the past I have had to Opt-Out several times before from Intelius and they did not correctly remove data.

I am so angry at these people that I am contacting a privacy attorney (law firm) to see what options are available. I am hoping that the Federal and State internet-privacy laws soon change to give the consumer more power to leverage against companies like Intelius. Consumers should have the right to stop or correct wrong information from being disseminated whether it be from an online people search company or the actual data broker source. Hopefully more people that have similar bad experiences with Intelius voice their concerns or complaints to the FTC.

Had an Experience with Intelius?

Comments

Correction to Below:

(should be 10/7/13 not 10/8/13)

To Intelius Customer Support,

The problem is that every time we contact your customer service, nothing gets resolved. It seems as though Intelius avoids correcting customer/consumer problems when the consumer is at no fault. Instead, Intelius always seems to give some useless canned answer rather than fixing the problem or providing a real solution.

After reading many complaints on this board and all over the Internet, you would think that the Intelius management would be concerned with their company image. The time is coming when all of hassles that customers/consumers are having with Intelius are going to met with the strong arm of the FTC, the Justice Department, and other courts.

InteliusCustomer__Support
to Sarge2013 #726397

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the content of our search results and would like the opportunity to assist you.

For additional information on our public records database, including opt-out request submission, please visit Intelius’ Privacy Policy at www.intelius.com/privacy.php.

You may also visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

InteliusCustomer__Support

Opt-Out Response

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.