I just found out this morning after carefully reviewing my check account that Intellius sold my cc info. to ValueMAX.

Value max has been charging my credit card $25.95 and 29.95 a month for 15 months. They've agreed to refund six months, leaving me with over $200.00 in charges that I did not authorize. I did not authorize them to charge my visa at all.

bEWARE of Intellius and Value MAX. On your Credit Card statement, they do not state that they are from Omaha NB, but will make it look like a local charge--in my case "CT" the state that I work in.

These are terrible business practices. Is there anything else that I can do?

Comments

Call your bank and file a fraud unauthorized usage. Work with your credit card company to get the charges reversed through fraud. I just filed a complaint with my credit card

I filed claim with state Attorney General. They refunded ALL 2 years of stolen money.

This needs to be prosecuted. Think of all the people who don't fight to get their stolen money back.

Hengshui, Hebei, China #215041

To Intellius_Customer Support: NO, I DID NOT ACCEPT A THIRD PARTY OFFER THAT WAS ADVERTISED ON YOUR WEB SITE. WHAT YOUR COMPANY DID WAS FRAUDULENT. I AM THRILLED THAT YOUR COMPANY WAS SUED FOR ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.

I fell for this scam too. All you have to do is call them up and say you want all your money back or you will report them to the Attorney General and the BBB.

It worked or me.

They have already been sued by the attorney general of WA for scamming people, and they don't want any more of that. So even if you get our money back make sure you report them so they will stop screwing other people.

It worked or me.

Hengshui, Hebei, China #213622

ValueMAX refunded all of the 15 months that they stole from my checking account. So, for those of you out there still trying to get your money back--keep trying--keep calling. Tell them you will contact your state's banking commission, your bank, the state attorney general's office, etc. etc....

I am still shocked that this happened. I had to change my debit card number so that Intellius can never sell my information again. As for ValueMAX, I never rec'd any "membership" info. either in email or in regular mail. Scam all the way.

This experience has made me extremely wary of internet transactions and has also showed me that I really need to look at my checking account on a monthly basis!!

Its a scam man, I noticed it yesterday and cancelled my so called account after they have been charging me for 14 months through 24protectplus at $29.95 a month. They were sued in washinton and lost a 1.3 million lawsuit for deceptive marketing.

I called 24protect plus and they were "nice" enough to refund 3 months. This after they have stolen over $400 from me. I will be having my lawyer call tomorrow, contacting the BBB, and forming a class action lawsuit against Intelius and 24pp. As to the Intelius Customer support person who replied above, its obvious that your company has a department that trolls the internet looking for pages such as this, and you continue to have the same comment.

I never signed up for this, the only thing I need protected from is scammers such as yourself and Intelius. The fact that you work for a company like this writes your ticket to ***...enjoy yourself

Intelius_Customer_Support
#209424

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that was advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.