In February of 20011 I used the Intelius service on time for a fee of 99 cents. This was the only payment option I selected. Since then Intelius has been billing my credit for $19.97 every month wiht my authorization. I tried calling them, thinking they had made an honest mistake. No luck, the phone number is constantly busy, so I can't even eave a voicemail message.

I tired emailing. No response. After a couple of months of trying to reach them to clear this up, I finally canceled my credit card. In the meantime they racked up a total of $95 in unauthorized charges. Since fraud law only allows for a reversal of fraudulent to charges in the last 60 days, I can only recoup $40.

No $55 may not seem like a great deal of money but I am incensed that they would engage in this type of behavior and to so many people. The Internet rife with complaints similar to mine. I'm seriously thinking of filing a formal complaint with the appropriate government agency, both federal and state.

Comments

Intelius_Customer_Support

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.