After using Intelius for a phone lookup which was supposed to cost 95 cents, next month a charge for $19.95 showed up on my credit card bill. I did not challenge this, but when it showed up again next month, I called the company.

They told me I had agreed to this but did go ahead and cancel my "agreement". I could not get a refund. Then, I filed a consumer complaint with my state (MO.) attorney.

I had a reply from his office shortly and in about 3 weeks, Intelius did refund $39.90. I advise anyone who has been scammed by this company to contact their state attorney and file a complaint.

Comments

InteliusCustomer__Support

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of promotions during the checkout process. It sounds like the Identity Protection Membership was activated through the acceptance of discounted pricing for the report. The discounted price selection describes the activation of the Identity Protection Membership, which is initially a seven day free trial. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

DANDAMAN

BE CAREFUL AND WATCH FOR AND DONT BE SURPRISED IF THEY SUCK IT RIGHT BACK OUT AGAIN!

DANDAMAN

OH YEA! WELL I SEE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO THINK THESE PEOPLE "INTELIUS" "EXPERIAN" OWNERS AND MASTERMINDS OF THE "PEOPLE SEARCH SUPER RIPOFF"DOUBLE WHAMMY SCAM" ARE JUST WONDERFUL PEOPLE,WELL EITHER THESE PEOPLE ARE PART OF IT OR EMPLOYEES OR STOCK HOLDERS,OR JUST PLAIN IGNORANT,BECAUSE AFTER THEY AGREED THEY SCREWED ME AND OVERCHARGED ME AND DOUBLE CHARGED ME AND REFUNDED THE MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT,{OBVIOUSLY TO CALM THE HEAT OR PRESSURE FOR A MOMENT} THEY WENT RIGHT BACK IN WHILE NO ONE WAS LOOKING AND SUCKED IT RIGHT BACK OUT AGAIN, NOW LETS HEAR THESE PRO INTELIUS/EXPERIAN MORONS EXPLAIN THIS! I CANT WAIT TO HEAR IT!