I too used Intellius for a one time use and somehow this company has my account information and was taking the monthly fee. The call lasted approximately 60 seconds, the rep # 26192 told me the money would be in my account within 5 business days.

She advised me that I apparantly didn't uncheck a box which gave me 10 days of free service with this company, after the 10days if I don't cancel it they will bill me $19.95 a month. I don't believe I ever saw such a thing on the screen.

I will never use Intellius again.

Comments

I am just outraged that this company is able to get away with this. I too have been being charged $19.95 a month since February and didn't even know it.

I didn't think I needed to check my account for fraud but apparently this company preys on people like me. I used the peopl search.com in january and payed $2.95. Looking back on my e-mails i found one from 'Privacy Matters Identity' and assumed it to be SPAM so i didn't bother with it. Little did I know that Intelius (People Search) is the client of PMI and they work together.

Who could possibly know that?

This company is horrible and I will continue to check with others who have been scammed and am thinking about taking up a case with The Attorney Generals office. If anyone else is interested, let me know.