First paid $40 for a background check with useless information that could be found on free public records. Didn't even realise they had been charging my account without my permission several times in the last few months. Apparently I was scammed to sign up for a membership where they charge you once a month, but they charged me 5 times in the last 2 months to a total of $100! I tried contacting the company to no avail so have resolved this issue with my bank. They have cancelled my card since I can't contact Intelius to cancel the membership I was tricked into as many others were, my bank is currently in the process of disputing the transactions and reversing the charges.

I am usually very cautious when making purchases on the internet and usually read a lot of reviews, but unfortunately I fell for it too. My advise to others is to try contact Intelius on the number next to their name on your card statement and demand a refund. If they refuse ask to speak to a supervisor or threaten to contact your bank, I read somewhere on here an ex employee of Intelius said they would only ever refund if you threatened to contact your credit card company or the BBB to take further action.

If you can't get thru to the company then do what I did and contact your bank immediately, cancel your card and fill out a disputed transaction form to reverse the unauthorised charges. Go to your statement back to the date where you made the first purchase with them and look for withdrawels of around $20 up to todays date. Cancelling your card will automatically cancel your membership with Intelius.

Comments

Yes I see the fake response from Intelius - "just call us" unfortunately the phone is never answered and email goes no where. You can send a certified letter to:

500 108th Ave., Ne 25th Fl.

Bellevue,WA 98004

Also - call your credit card company immediately and dispute the charges. If this is coming out of your bank account you'll have to cancel the account and open a new one. Call and email Intelius with a cancel notification. If you still don't get a response, file a complaint with both the BBB and the Attorney General of your state. Do a Google search on line regarding lawsuits against this company - there have been several filed where Intelius has paid out - proving they are guilty. There are other lawyers actively looking for victims in their particular state to file a class action lawsuit. Research and take action. Don't let them get away with it.

If you can't reach them on the phone # they give you try these 425-974-6101, 425-974-6102, 425-974-6103, etc - you will eventually get a hold of one of their execs.

Naveen Jain their CEO got in trouble with the SEC for miss representations on his previous company Infospace. John Arnold thier EVP of business development was in the Federal Pen for lying to a grand jury about being at a strip club. Their company revenues have been declining (now at around $19.5M) as lawyers are filing class action lawsuits against them and winning. Need I say more.

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have also accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.