in an attempt to locate and anonymous phone number that was texting me, i stumbled across an Intelius site that promised me information about the phone number. the site advertised an initial price of .99 cents.

i agreed to the service, passed along my credit card info and immediately received and online invoice for $4.95. to add insult to injury, contrary to what the web site said, i was informed that they had no information about the phone number i was searching for.

i complained about the jump from .99 to $4.95 and was promised a refund. 2 days later the company billed me for $19.95!!

Comments

InteliusCustomer__Support

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

It sounds like a membership may have been activated through the acceptance of an offer during the checkout process. Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.