I have sent at least 3 emails requesting that my service be cancelled and the fee refunded.

I signed up for the free trial for people search to find one telephone number that I couldn't get until I had accidently agreed to the identity theft service. I immediately requested that both services be cancelled and requested.

But 7 days later they billed me for both services. I did get a refund for one service but after 3 more requests to cancel, I am still getting billed for the other service. I find that their website is a complete rip off. It deliberatley takes you to other pages to get you to inadvertently sign up for other services. I didn't realize what I was getting into until they had billed me almost instantly. And, they say you can cancel online but I guess that doesn't work. Consumer beware!

Comments

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have also accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Tell them that you will post your password at work so everybody can use it for free. I had to do this to get ancestry.com to cancel my service.