I also have the same monthly charges showing up on my back account from Intelius and Valmax. After using the site to look up info on a phone number, apparently these companies are then free to deduct charges from your account for bogus services.

My bank (BOA) was not helpful and told me to call the companies directly. There was nothing the bank could do.

After waiting on hold for a long time I was told that only the last month was refundable from Intelius but Valmax agreed to refund two charges. This was 3 days ago and I still haven't had any charges removed from my account so I'm not convinced this will solve the problem.

Comments

before you get a report it says front page before you click continue

People Search Report

Includes all 3 Records for Sam Ferh in Clayton, NC.

Report includes when available:

* Public Records Monitoring

* Real Time ID Theft Risk Score

* Much More

Offer Details:

Click "Continue" button to accept this special offer price and activate your trial membership to take advantage of the great benefits that Identity Protect has to offer. The membership fee of $19.95 per month will be charged/debited by Intelius.com to the credit/debit card you use today with Intelius.com after the 7-day trial. Special Offer only available to Non Identity Protect Customer. You may cancel anytime by calling (877) 974-1563 or visiting the "My Intelius" section of the Intelius.com website.

Additional Offer & Benefit Details | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

*** companies like INTELIOUS are the reason why people get bad, poor, inaccurate, and just plain old WRONG information. But people think they're getting good info so they pay them money. Money they'll never get back even when the info turns out to be wrong as ***.

But what can any od us do? The Federal Trade Commission doesn't care or they'd do something about it, so the gov't obviously doesn't care. Besides, they're way too busy giving away all our hard earned taxes we've paid to other friggen people around the globe that aren't even from our own country. Nothin new there . . .

Well, the only thing anyone can do about INTELIOUS is just walk in to one of their offices and just take matters into your OWN HANDS and show them we're tired of their ***. Unfortunately that's the ONLY way to make people listen to what your saying these days.

This planet is about one thing anymore; M O N E Y. People don't matter, only money matters . . . and lots of it. Lying, cheating, and breaking the backs of those who they can TAKE it from appears to be legal these days (at least in most countries).

I say do unto them what they've done unto us.