I had singed up for a one time service of $4.95. When I looked at my bank statement it showed that they had been charging me $19.95 a month.

I called them to find out what these charges were and they said that it was a monthly fee that i had signed up for( witch I hadn't)I was on the phone for ever and they only took of one of the charges off, then i called back and said that i was going to contest the charge with my bank and take legal matters if they didn't take it off.

The man quickly got it taken off. Make sure you get a conformation number.

Comments

I ordered a report for $1.95 from Intelius and then when I checked my bank account noticed an additional charge for $19.95. I checked the web site and found out I had been signed up for the people search membership.

Funny thing is I don't remember seeing anything about it when I checked out, only the $1.95 for the report I ordered. Shouldn't it show up on your order? Not just suddenly appear on your bank statement? Seems they are signing people up without their knowledge.

I do not suggest using them.

I am extremely p***ed and they better take the charge off my card. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Should have read this before I used their service. I was looking for a person info from a phone number and the search result did not even show the name or address.

However, my credit card was charged for $21.51 + $5.38. I immediately canceled the membership, and I will see if they would refund me.

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.