I was looking for a free lookup for a phone number I had lost. Intelius had a .95 cent trial offer.

I gave them my debit card number for the lookup. I went on line to check my statement and two charges were posted from Intelius. One for the agreed .95 cents and one for an unauthorized charge of $19.95. I never authorized this charge.

I am working with my bank to reverse this charge and block any other charges from them and any other one of their "customers." The charges were posted to my account on 1/25/11. I can't understand how they can continue scamming people with all the complaints being logged against them.

Comments

The same thing happened to me and then they charged me $49.95 for a background check I never requested. This charge came 20 days after I thought I had canceled my account. This company should be shut down and fined.

The same thing happened to me. they dont tell you you signed up for a 7 day trial until you find out the took your money.

Intelius_Customer_Support

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

I signed for a one-time .95 number search and got hit with a $19.95. Bank charged me $20 to stop payment but I'd rather give it to the bank than these crooks. Why does AT&T allow Intelius on their AnyWho lookup site?