Regardless of what you use or buy on Intelius.com, they automatically sign you up for another program with AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM. That is the name that will show up on your account with a charge of 19.95.

I didn't read anything that said I was okay with this and the only reason I caught it so fast was because I check my account online. I did call this company and they were quick to cancel the supposed membership I agreed to, saying it would take 2-3 business days to credit my account. The woman who helped me didn't seem to shocked by my complaint.

Don't ever purchase anything with Intelius. Any company that is okay with this kind of business shouldn't be doing any business.

Comments

Log into your account. Go to the People Search Tab. At the top of the page you should see a block stating "My Intelius Services Summary"-Underneath click the link for your subscription. At the top of the next page where you see your login information. click "manage service". Then select Account Settings next to 'my subscriptions'

scroll halfway down and you see "MY SUBSCRIPTION" in bold. Click the Cancel link.

continue selecting the appropriate answer for why you are cancelling. do not take their offer of the discounted rate and be sure to answer No-Delete my Subscription.

This clearly states that you will not be refunded but will have access for the remainder of the billing period and will not be charged once the period ends.

You can also try calling and talking to someone to see if you can get a refund. I found it easier to just do it online than mess with the hassle called Intelius over the phone.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #140923

Though you were in the right I am sure they hung up on you because you were rude?

I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT YOU GUYS HAVEN'T EVEN LISTED A FREE 24-HOUR BLOCK OF TIME. BESIDES, I THOUGHT INTELIUS WAS FREE ANYWAY.

FREE ON ALL SEARCHES NOT JUST A NAME LOOK-UP!!!! YOU GUYS ADVERTIZE THAT YOUR A FREE PEOPLE SEARCH THEREFORE...THAT'S WHAT I EXPECT!!!!

I also got billed for a couple of AP9 companies after using intellius. I called these scam operators and got very angry and very rude.

I called them every four letter name in the book and threatened them with everything I could think of, including coming there in person, if they did not stop billing my credit card w/o my consent.The way I see it it is no different than being mugged in an alley, and you have to fight like a cornered wolverine. It worked.

intelius should be shut down! how are they able to scam people like us??

why does it keep happening?? :( :( :( :?

intelius should be shut down! how are they able to scam people like us??

why does it keep happening?? :( :( :( :?

the same thing happened to me and now i have to cancel my credit card...

Keep spreading the word about these crooks. It seems that is all we can do so far.

Arhus, Arhus, Denmark #30900

These folks have pilfered from me as well. How do you spend $2.95 only to have $19.95 and $9.95 charges made to your account every month??

Sure, they said they'd give me a quasi refund, but I already canceled my credit card account and likely will not get it.

Why is this company allowed to conduct "business" like this? I think I'm going to call my local news station and their consumer reporter....

Hockley, Texas, United States #27596

this company is a big SCAM, they charged me for services that i did not ask for. Do Not under any circumstances use them.

when you call their number you have to wait about an hour. they are a big scam, buyer be aware.

they signed me up for 19.95 service that i did not order. :( :( :( :( :cry :x :sigh :eek :( :( :(

Deltaville, Virginia, United States #22749

The same thing happened to me

I checked the BB and they do not have a good rating with them

I called my Credit carf comapny and am disputing I also filed a complaint

with the Attorney General in my State

they are very crooked they will not let you delete your credit card # unless you fax them your Driver licence ...

and that is so not right ......

Hunters Creek Village, Texas, United States #15601

One more note about contacting Pmidentity: when you call 800-436-0817, you get a limited menu of automated choices, none which have to do with talking to a live rep or canceling or receiving credit for their service. Just wait on the line until the voice menu times out, after which you'll be transferred to a live agent.

Hunters Creek Village, Texas, United States #15600

My wife bought a $2.95 Intelius report in April 2008 and then without our consent my credit card was charged $19.95 from Pmidentity.com one week later and again in May 2008. I called Pmidentity at 800-436-0817.

The rep agreed to credit my bank $19.95 x 2 within 2-3 days. What a sleazy operation.

Unfortunately I canceled my credit card before I called Pmidentity so now I have to rejigger all of my automatically billed charges. THESE GUYS ARE CRIMINALS.

La Pine, Oregon, United States #14127

intelius will give your info to another company with many scams look for charges including but not limited to Ik9*privacymatters, ap9*24protectplus,ap9*pmidenity I got 2 of these charges on my account one week after doing a people search on intelius. fortunately thier 800 numbers were right on my account with the charges.

and when I called the first one they imediately reversed the charge.

I then asked about the other charge being thiers also and indeed it is the same company and same operator reversed those charges. The ceo of intelius has had several law suits filed against him also BUYER BEWARE

Oberhausen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany #13855

:( The same thing happened to me. i used it once, and they charged me for a subscription.

Clementon, New Jersey, United States #12533

I used their people find ervices. . The original charge was a $2.95 name look up. Then I got billed 19.95 for their Intelius Identity Protect plan WITHOUT MY consent or permission

I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card company and I canceled my credit card so that no future charges without my knowledge, consent, or permission would be charged.

Intelius are an INTERNET SCAMMERS, and these criminals will commit credit card fraud on unsuspecting consumers.