Selecting the $0.99 promotion requires a credit card number and automatically enrolls you in the $19.95/month service. I am usually savvy enough to catch these scams, but I missed this one in my haste. Additionally, as posted by many others, the data returned from the search was useless and did not contain the information promised.

I called the number posted in the contact tab of their website and fortunately got through in only a couple minutes. The representative did try to baffle me with offers of additional discounts, etc, but finally agreed to refund the $19.95 along with the $0.99 and unsubscribe me. At least she was cooperative and pleasant. Now I just need to watch my account like a hawk to make sure they follow up.

I hate the fact that unethical companies like this have my card information

Comments

Intelius_Customer_Support

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.