An unauthorized 19.95 charge appeared on my credit card from Intelius for conducting a search I expected to cost $1.95. I called Intelius and they claimed I signed up for a monthly service using a popup.

I didn't want it. I didn't remember it. I disputed it. They refused to refund my money.

Randy, the person answering the phone, was polite, and he indicated this was a common complaint.

I'm not the first - don't you be the next victim of their deceptive practices. He offered me an additional search, but since their last search claimed my ex-wife was living in my mother's house...worthless!

Comments

I have the same complaint. Last year I was looking for the address of a college classmate.

I got a web link to Intellus so I agreed only to the $5 lookup fee.

Then I see they are charging me $20 per month for a membership that i never agreed to. I am going to aggresivly try to get this money refunded to me.

I experienced the same thing. I called up valmax and threatened to sue them.

They immediately said they would refund my charges. It took a few days, but they refunded me the fifteen months of charges which totaled to over three hundred dollars.

Intelius scammers did it to me too! i didnt sign up for membership!.

They gave me false info for $19.95. I spoke to the lady in customer service..

she said that money will be refunded. if dont get my money back then i will have to take an action against them.

Intelius_Customer_Support

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

I just went thru the same exact scenario and am now out 19.95 because they charged me last month also and I didn't see it. I, like yourself never signed up for a membership, was told I would be charged $4.95 for my search and was actually charged 9.95, which he did credit back to my account.

Randy was also who I spoke with and he told me he could refund me this months 19.95 but not last months.

This is such a fraudulent website that I wish people would have seen this wedsite before using it! So now I am 19.95 poorer and have nothing to show for it!