Update by user Jul 03, 2011

Well since I made my complaints yesterday with Intelius themselves, the BBB, the FTC, the Attorney General, and my bank, Intelius has suddenly decided to refund me 4 out of the 6 miscellaneous charges that they made to my account. Can\'t give refunds, huh?

Looks like they actually CAN give refunds! Mysterious...

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2011

I went to Intelius.com intending to use their "people search" services and agreed to the 7-day "free" trial. The very next day, I cancelled my membership.

Four months later I discovered that they had charged my bank account 6 times in the amount of $19.95 each time. I went online to check out my account w/ them and discovered that I was enrolled in their Identity Protect services. I did not intentionally sign-up for these services, nor was I aware that I had ever BEEN signed-up for these services. I cancelled the service immediately.

A couple days later I called them to try and get a refund. No refund. No help. No NOTHING!

I have filed complaints with the BBB, FTC, and my state's Attorney General. I found on the BBB website that there had been government action taken against the company in the past.

I also called my bank to have them try and reverse the charges (don't really trust them either, they're a bunch of crooks, too, B of A). If there's ever a class action lawsuit, count me in!

Comments

Intellius Customer Disservice Rep, Your BS sounds just as dubious as the unfortunate customer who explained your predatory practices. What's up with these hidden charges?

What's this read the fine-print BS and the lame excuse you need to put a roof over your head? I can think of much better options for your head or your neck.

I don't think this or any other company should have the right to list a person's name, address, phone number,relatives,and age on line for everyone to view. This is personal information and should not be collected and publicized without written authorization from the individuals. Rights to privacy should not be violated and often the information given on these sites is out-dated or erronerous.

You and the rest of your disgusting company seem to be missing the whole point.

#320761

When you do business with Intelius read everything carefully. Do not assume you know what you are agreeing to without reading EVERY word and understanding fully.

** The promotional pricing was the authorization to start billing for the Identity Protect. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY DISCOUNTS OR PROMOTIONS If you do not authorize additional chargers.

** The only "free" is 7 days free and after that IT will bill at 9.95 down from 19.95.

** Place your correct email address into the website as that is where you will get email receipts of any services and or future charges. Make sure to check your spam folder as well.

** If your unsure or just want to double check anything give them a call. Located in WA state, Pacific time the hours are... Mon-Fri: 5.00AM to 8.00PM and Saturday: 6.00AM to 4.30PM.

** Please remember when you call ntelius the CS reps are trying to keep a roof over their families head and food on the table too.

** A little kindness and respect will go far reaching with the rep more so than being rude, name calling, yelling and cussing.

** And if the rep says the membership is not refundable just let them know...

"I'm going to DISPUTE THE CHARGES.. EITHER WITH YOUR BANK, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OR WITH THE BBB (BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU).

*doing this, you will be refunded all membership charges immediately.

*you will not have to file a dispute or cancel you credit card.

*the rep is off the hook and not blamed for the lost revenue.

*** I hope this helps :)

Yeah hi, Intelius_Customer_Support. I did that the day after I signed up.

Y'all decided to take my money anyhow.

Look at you trying to redeem yourselves. Pathetic.

Intelius_Customer_Support

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.