4.5K views

I am so pissed! I check my acct. this morning and I have an unauthorized activity on my acct. from a company called Valuemax.....shown as "ap9* valuemax-v" on my acct. After a long morning of being on the phone I realized that this was taken out of my acct. because I did a reverse phone # look up on Intelius website aaaaand paid to do so.

I clicked on a little box at some point during check out that said something like "Yes, I agree to have an email sent to the email address provided for information on how to save $10"....or something like that. I'm sure somewhere in the fine print it told me that by clicking this decieving little box that I am authorizing some company , that I've never heard of, to charge my account a monthy membership fee of $19.95 for sevices that are not specified and that I (like many of us) do NOT NEED!All because I did a People Search...omg! Don't you think if they wanted you to come back and use their website again that wouldn't try to rob you!

The saddest part of this is that it is legal to be decieving like this in order to steal money from innocent and hard working people! I plan on going as far as I can go with this. It's not even the fact that they STOLE money out of my account that *** me off it's that they are continuing to do so day after day and nobody is doing anything about it! When I spoke with the man on the phone from Intelius I told him he should be ashamed of cashing his check every week! That is our money people!!!! Our HARD earned money! They know what they are doing and they are getting rich from stealing from us. I'll be back to add more as I get more information on what we can do to stop these thieves from getting rich off of our money.

Comments

I have been charged for almost 4 years from this company! It is my own fault for not checking my bank account more clearly, but I would like to take the strongest actions possible against this company!

I will look into filing a report with the FBI. any other suggestions welcome

Hey genius, do ya think maybe they have changed it since 2008 when I originally posted this? :)

Hey genius - here's what it PLAINLY states on their website:

Offer Details:

The special offer price is available with your free trial membership. Take advantage of the great benefits that Identity Protect has to offer. The membership fee of $19.95 plus tax where applicable per month will be charged/debited by Intelius.com to the credit/debit card you use today with Intelius.com after the 7-day trial. Offer only available to new Identity Protect customers.

We would like to get your website on first page of Google.

All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that will not get your website banned or penalized.

Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.

what the heck pissed consumer, i clicked on a bestbuy complaint and i get redirected to another type of complaint.

why does this keep happening?

same thing happened when i clicked a walmart complaint.

dude, you people at pissed consumer need to fix that.

this is about the 3rd time i have clicked on a specific best buy complaint to read it, and i get some random complaint that has nothing to do with best buy, at all.

is this intentional?

I too just found out the hard way about intelius and AP9 who I belive now is MVQ*Valuemax. I contaced my bank and will be filing an Internet crime report with the FBI.

I'm sure that there is illegal activity in the way they are doing business. Intelius also uses the name MVQ*Twenty4ProPlus. All the same company to rip us off.

I hope everybody who reads this will go to the FBI website and file a Internet crime report. If they get enough complaints, maybe they will do something about it/

The Phone # to cancel the payments is: 1-888-205-2257.

I got it from my cc company after I too got a charge from them.

I got ripped off like this too just now.

There's no place on their website to close your account. I had to send an email to them, cause it's after hours.

I will probably have to bend over and take this because our government won't stand up for us and punish *** like this.

I too did a Intelius phone reverse look-up and just resently received a charge from AP9*VALUEMAX-V for $19.95. I will be taking the appropriate measures against this company.

I do NOT understand why these fradulent transactions are taking place. THIS MUST STOP!!!!