Like most of you I needed just one search and wanted to pay just one time payment of $5.95. The search result was incorrect. I read the information on the website and knew that the "free" trail will be only for 7 days and after that time my account will be charged additional $19.95 for the month service. I checked my account online right after the reverse phone number search and I was billed $5.95 and $19.95 that day! After few days this $19.95 charge disappeared (was returned). Lucky I had enough money and this did not overdrawn my account.

On the 7th day I decided to cancel my membership. I tried to do it on the phone but they kept me waiting for too long so I did it online. In the evening I checked my account again: charged $5.95 and $19.95 and another charge of 19.95 was pending!

I called Intelius customer service one more time and this time was lucky to talk to a representative right away. I asked for an explanation. It turns out there are 2 separate memberships: one for People Search (costs $19.95 per month) and Identity Protection (another $19.95 per month). Representative was rude and nervous (probably answering phone calls from pissed customers all day – no wonder) and told me basically that it was my fault because I did not notice that when signing up. But he will be so nice and fix it for me and those 2 charges will be refunded in 7-10 days. So Intelius is now "borrowing" my money for 7-10 days. Am I a bank?

I was so *** to trust this company and even more *** to give them my real contact information they will now use. Stay away from this website!

Comments

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have also accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.