I had the exact experience others I did the discounted search for a name and got charged the $19.95, unknowingly, for the Identity Protection that others have complained about. Then when I called to complain, they argued with me on the phone after keeping me on hold for 15 min.

You can get your money back if you wait on hold, complain loud and long enough and tell them you want to talk to a supervisor who has the authority to refund your money. But this took up a good 30 min of my work day.

I don't understand why something can't be done about companies like this.

Comments

Be aware that the incomes are an average income for the zip code you are searching, not the income of the searchee. Of course they don't tell you that, make it hard to find in their print if they do.

IMO they hook you on so you are thinking you are getting one thing and in reality you don't get that at all, just a solicitation to buy more .Completely not clear or user friendly too.

I found it out of line that when I told them that I thought their practices were deceptive and not happy with their service they REFUSED to refund my money. And Argue!Get a job as a collections agent already! For heaven's sake, if the custormer is UNHAPPY return the money !

I had to threaten them to call my credit card company and start a fruad investigation in order for them to refund my money. Very unhappy with their services.

i had same problem with intelius why do they try to scam us..

:cry

Intelius_Customer_Support

If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect. There’s no obligation.

If you determine that you don’t want to continue using that service after the 7 day trial, you can cancel your Identity Protect service online or over the phone with a customer support representative.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

If you are tired of this type of business practice, contact the Attorney General of Washington, the Attorney of your state, the Better Business Bureau.

Then contact Abigail about Class Action abby1100ny@yahoo.com

Contact Abby to ask about option for Class action suit abby1100ny@yahoo.com

You must be very persistent, as they will also hang up on you while you are on hold. This company has no class, or sense of fair business!!! :(