6.9K views

I did a background check with Intelius and they gave me a subscription for $19.95/mo for identity protection! A service I never asked for, never authorized!!!

THEY ARE STEALING from consumers! Then they make you wait 20 minutes on hold so they hope you hang up! I am disgusted! I am calling the better biz bureau!

How can someone charge you for a service never purchased/authorized, etc... Please beware of these scams and the only reason i chose them was because they were the first to come up under search engines.

I hope they get what is coming to them.

Location: Boca Raton, Florida

Comments

fn scam is right thear stealing money on the internet hopeing old people looking up a frend dont knotice the reacuring charg, and when you do how much have they gotten? 888-445-**** for what use it is thear customer servace (call center) ive had to call 2 times so far. tomarow im going to my bank and calling the better bisness burow.

Unfortunatley i read this to late. I am also being charhed $19.95 a month for something I never authorized nor wanted.

Hope my credit card company has better luck than I have to stop this theft. :(

This company Intelius , is 100% scam .

Got taken for 75 dollars.

Same thing happened to me. I bought a one time phone look up for $4.99, then was charged an additional $19.95 for a subscription that I never asked for.

When I called them I got an Indian on the phone who said "So you already have it now, what do you want me to do?" Um... *** the charge!!!! He said it would take 3 days to come back to my account.

We'll see? Also I'm pretty sure that the reverse # look up was fake info.

Just paid $69 for a background report. Report not provided.

Called them, they said the payment did not go through and I have to do it again.

I refused, the Indian told me it was "strange" that I had given them all of my personal information and credit card number, but I didn't believe them that my card was never charged. A SCAM for sure.

#520791

I had nO contact with this company for past 2 years.

On july 26th the sent email inviting me to 'test' their service for 25 Cents for a search.

I took a moment to examine my 'list of past purchases' to find i was charged $19.95 a week BEFORE the '25cent' offer!!

Outrageous!!!

Was shown as 'Subscription' .. i NEVER ever agreed or even knew about any such 'subscription' ...

This company is a big SCAM please be aware I looked up a number for .95. They carged me 19.95 for a subscription to some identy thief BS.

I am so tired of these *** holes offering services for one price then charging me for other bs i never asked for. I hope the BBB has there *** for this.

I got charged by Intelius and I did not even know about it!!!!!!!!!!

Rip off..Got me for the $19 and then the search never provided any information even though they claimed garanteed. Called CS service and then were to refund but did not.

intelius,thank you for refunding me my money,i really appreciate it!!!!

They charged me for nothing for two years!!! about $1000!!!

they refunded half of it but the other half is pending!! I will NEVER give up.

You need to take JoAnn Calma's comment off, its not right. you allow her to use word (in stars) you ned to delete #10

enrolled for .95 for two number look up. Only gave one number.

Charged $5.95, $19.95, $22.95. Spoke to person in India who has a smart mouth and told me I did searches in the early a.m. Do not have computer at home.

"Wilfred" said they have the proof that I am wrong. CROOKS

Talk about scam! Signed up because I'm adopted and thought I could locate my biological family.

Didn't get anything, but I sure was taken for a ride. They took $162.76 from my account. In one month with zero in return.

I'm waiting to see if they'll give back my money, if not....attorney sounds good, going to news media, television not a bad idea.....I want my money!!! :(

I Did a people search for 95 cents and they charged me $19.95. Luckily I caught it right away.

Called and complained and threatened to call the BBB. They refunded my money but still might file a complaint.

Big Scam Indeed. Never use them A Rip off

Never asked for or received information and charged 19.95 after I sent a letter to remove

charges.

Diane

I got scammed to by these *** also. How are they able to be in business?

I should've searched the net first and would've seen all these posts!

Filing FTC complaint as we speak!

Intelius also charged me monthly for a service I did not order..they assured me I would be refunded and as of yet I have not been refunded!

Intelius Reviews