Boca Raton, Florida
6.1K views 325 comments

I did a background check with Intelius and they gave me a subscription for $19.95/mo for identity protection!A service I never asked for, never authorized!!!

THEY ARE STEALING from consumers! Then they make you wait 20 minutes on hold so they hope you hang up! I am disgusted! I am calling the better biz bureau!

How can someone charge you for a service never purchased/authorized, etc... Please beware of these scams and the only reason i chose them was because they were the first to come up under search engines.

I hope they get what is coming to them.

Review about: Background Check.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $20
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Intelius?

Comments

scammed ***sumer
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States #1226450

I second the complaint. I asked for a single number reverse lookup and they gave me some unrequested "premiere membership" and when I called up they wouldn't cancel it, they pretended they couldn't find it, even when I gave them the charge number on the E-mail I received which alerted me to the scam.

They are a a total scam! I was routed to some call center with people with heavy accents who pretended they couldn't hear me, while AMEX heard me just find when I registered the dispute.

bob
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1060445

did the same thing to me when i realized i called them and they said there was a problem with my credit card i see i was sill charged im going to cancel the credit card and dispute the charge.

pjdupuf

nicnic
Williamston, Michigan, United States #947594

I am trying to stop this. I once opt out. They continue to bill

Annie  Price
North Vernon, Indiana, United States #849709

Intelius said they would find the person that had my cell phone and give me the location.Each time we were ALMOST there , FOR A LITTLE MORE MONEY they could do it.

What a sham! FRAUDS, ***, BATRASTARDS. I WISH I could call them something that was really bad.

They can't do anything about anything.Don't waste your time or money.

Glad to sign my name.

w

Annie

I just checked my name..all the places listed that I worked for I have never heard of. Puy these scammers out of business.

janieo
Lyman, Wyoming, United States #785570

they just did the same to me!!!!

braddaddy8100
Shalimar, Florida, United States #774250

DON'T use this service.It doesn't give you an accurate background check.

I am applying for a Real Estate license and needed to see what they will see. I paid 39.99 and 19.99 and the report stated I had nothing on file anywhere. Knowing that I had a DUI 15 years ago and driving with an expired tag 12 years ago. None of that showed up on this report and I got denied my license because I didn't report those things.

I called them to get a refund and they said NO!

The only real way to get this info is to get electronic fingerprints done and then do a FBI criminal history check through that company.DON'T USE ANY OF THESE SITES UNLESS THEY OFFER THE FINGERPRINTING

InteliusCustomer__Support
Bellevue, Washington, United States #696589

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. The majority of our memberships are activated through either the acceptance of discounted pricing for individual reports, or through the acceptance of a full page offer advertised just prior to viewing the report. All of our offers describe the specifics of the service, including billing. Additionally, all of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

to InteliusCustomer__Support #987668

I was just about to do a reverse phone look up on your site. Ill never use you after reading these reviews!!!

InteliusCustomer__Support
Bellevue, Washington, United States #696588

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.