6.5K views

I did a background check with Intelius and they gave me a subscription for $19.95/mo for identity protection! A service I never asked for, never authorized!!!

THEY ARE STEALING from consumers! Then they make you wait 20 minutes on hold so they hope you hang up! I am disgusted! I am calling the better biz bureau!

How can someone charge you for a service never purchased/authorized, etc... Please beware of these scams and the only reason i chose them was because they were the first to come up under search engines.

I hope they get what is coming to them.

Comments

Checked out this service over a year ago and canceled a .95c offer the same day. They have been billing me 29.95 a month for a year.

Missed it because secretary pays bills. Just caught it when i had to look up some thing else on bill. Do not give these your credit card no for anything looks like one nice scam by a bunch of crooks.

Don't bother trying to call they will not answer. More proof they know what they are doing.

I needed one phone number which they offered to provide for 95 cents. Then, after providing them with my credit card number, I noticed they hit me up with an additional charge of $7.95 several days later.

They're a pack of thieves with hidden clauses and small-print stipulations! AVOID!

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States #1226450

I second the complaint. I asked for a single number reverse lookup and they gave me some unrequested "premiere membership" and when I called up they wouldn't cancel it, they pretended they couldn't find it, even when I gave them the charge number on the E-mail I received which alerted me to the scam.

They are a a total scam! I was routed to some call center with people with heavy accents who pretended they couldn't hear me, while AMEX heard me just find when I registered the dispute.

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1060445

did the same thing to me when i realized i called them and they said there was a problem with my credit card i see i was sill charged im going to cancel the credit card and dispute the charge.

pjdupuf

Williamston, Michigan, United States #947594

I am trying to stop this. I once opt out. They continue to bill

North Vernon, Indiana, United States #849709

Intelius said they would find the person that had my cell phone and give me the location. Each time we were ALMOST there , FOR A LITTLE MORE MONEY they could do it.

What a sham! FRAUDS, ***, BATRASTARDS. I WISH I could call them something that was really bad.

They can't do anything about anything. Don't waste your time or money.

Glad to sign my name.

w

Annie

I just checked my name..all the places listed that I worked for I have never heard of. Puy these scammers out of business.

Lyman, Wyoming, United States #785570

they just did the same to me!!!!

braddaddy8100
Shalimar, Florida, United States #774250

DON'T use this service. It doesn't give you an accurate background check.

I am applying for a Real Estate license and needed to see what they will see. I paid 39.99 and 19.99 and the report stated I had nothing on file anywhere. Knowing that I had a DUI 15 years ago and driving with an expired tag 12 years ago. None of that showed up on this report and I got denied my license because I didn't report those things.

I called them to get a refund and they said NO!

The only real way to get this info is to get electronic fingerprints done and then do a FBI criminal history check through that company. DON'T USE ANY OF THESE SITES UNLESS THEY OFFER THE FINGERPRINTING

Bellevue, Washington, United States #696589

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. The majority of our memberships are activated through either the acceptance of discounted pricing for individual reports, or through the acceptance of a full page offer advertised just prior to viewing the report. All of our offers describe the specifics of the service, including billing. Additionally, all of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

to InteliusCustomer__Support #987668

I was just about to do a reverse phone look up on your site. Ill never use you after reading these reviews!!!

Bellevue, Washington, United States #696588

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #696310

Blame your congressman and senate representatives. They have been asleep at the wheel for the last 20 - 40 years enabling big business to operate through loop holes that pays the way for politicians to win elections with the monies they take with conflicts of interest i their blind eye in looking at the details.

We have lost government for and by the people. Corporations are too big to fail because their shareholders are concidered innocent.

I recall that putting your money in the stock market was seen as a risk to the shareholder, but now our government legislatures and representatives have too much to personally lose so the too roll over for these companies. Not Going to Change because it is designed only for the rich to manipulate with all the legal angles.

Mission, Kansas, United States #683544

8 charges of 19.95 and I have no idea for what. One charge was credited back after I complained.

How generous. Do not give these people you credit card information.

Richmond, Indiana, United States #616248

Only use Discover Card secure number and then after the one time charge of .95 or whatever is charged cancel that secure number. In fact that is the only way to ever do anything online that involves a credit card.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #613486

They pulled the same stuff on me. Stay away from this company and thanks for all who warn the consumers.

seanshaw68
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Florida, United States #592830

I was also charged $19.95 per month for a service I did not sign up for, unfortunatley I did not notice it for 6 months. Scam, Scam and Scam.

I too was charged for service that I didn't ask for or want. When I called to protest I got to speak with someone in a far away land with a thick accent.

Eventually I got the charge dropped. Intelius has been added to my NFG list.

Be sure to put out this information to everyone you can. Scams like this comes for ***.

Monroe, Washington, United States #591427

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

Huntington, West Virginia, United States #587517

I paid for one search on intelius.com for $1, not for a month subscription to some *** for $19.95 per month!!! Thankfully I was able to get my money back by yelling at the Indian call center women on the phone and threatening to call the BBB. STAY AWAY FROM intellius.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!