Ladysmith, Virginia

I wanted one background check from intelius and gave them my credit card no.

Big Mistake! They charged me for two services at $20 each--$40 a month--services that I did not apply for nor did I use.

This charge went on for at least four months before I discovered it. Now cancelled but they will not return my money. Jerks! I would not recommend them to anyone except perhaps my enemies.

I would like to know if anyone out there got satisfactory service from these guys.

also, if you got your money back how do you do it. Thanks

Comments

I used them for a criminal check on my ex-husband. Only because I needed a case number for a bankruptcy case from five years ago, to clear his debts off my credit report, and I was too lazy to go downtown and get it myself.

I had no problems at all. However, I did read the entire site before I clicked anything and I didn't use the promotional price to try to get it as cheaply as possible. I think that's where most people are making their mistake. It's made very clear that you're agreeing to accept the trial offer at a lower price, or pay full price and not accept the trial offer.

Since I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, I'm guessing the site has changed recently. But ignorance really isn't an excuse.

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have also accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.