I ordered a one-time people search from Intelius, the information was old enough for an archeologists dig and today they removed $19.95 from my bank account which I did not request and now my account is overdrawn. $2.50 for bad information, $19.95 theft - what a deal.

Should they not return my money I will contact the state Attorney General's consumer complaints department and the Federal Trade Commission and also file a complaint because these people should not be in business because they don't provide the information they claim they do.

Buyer Beware, I also need to follow that advise.

Comments

I paid for a one-time telephone number and then was charged $19.95 per month for ongoing service which I did not want or request.

Do not use Intelius ever.

I agree, this company is doing nothing more than playing *** artist. I decided to do a reverse phone number search of my personal number...a test run for accuracy.

To my surprise the number came up under another name and address. When I called customer service I was offered a credit to use their worthless service again. If the information is this old, I call this stealing.

Thanks for the information on the General Attorney.

I will contact them as well as dispute the charge with my credit card co.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE IF YOU WANT ACCURATE INFORMATION. THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A COMPANY GETTING FAT ON WORTHLESS INFORMATION.

Thanks for the information on the General Attorney.

I will contact them as well as dispute the charge with my credit card co.

Petersfield, England, United Kingdom #21006

Well, very nice to know... because I will also be calling them up for the last two months I was billed as well for the $19.95 from pmidentity...well I called up and they did cancel me right away...I was a little taken back because I had to ask what this charge was from......I didn't freak out then because I thought Maybe it was my mistake....but I know that I also ordered a one time 24 hour access...

I'm pissed, all of these companies take your money and HOPE you don't notice so they can keep on taking it until you do..

Wabasha, Minnesota, United States #20996

I too got defrauded by Intellius. I used their information services for a long period of time and as I was checking my credit card statement I noticed some unusual charges from companies I did not recognize.

After a morning on the telephone to those companies I found that they were Intellius companies with revolving charges to my credit card.

These companies were: 24ProtectPlus; PMIdentity; PrivacyMatter; and Valuemax. Again, be VERY careful if you use this company for ANY information.

Schaffhausen, Schaffhausen, Switzerland #20222

Intelius refunded my account with the money they took out. All you have to do is tell them you will contact your state Attorney General or the Federal Trade Commission...........this is the fourth time something like this has happened to me and they both have been very helpful.

Chris4Intelius
Freedom, Wyoming, United States #20173

At Intelius we take customer service very seriously, please contact me at contactus@intelius.com and I would be happy to address the issues you mentioned in your post. Thanks - Chris