Apparently like many other people, I signed on to Intelius for a one-time person search for $2.95, of course giving them my credit card number. Eventually I realized that they were charging me $19.95 per month membership fee, which I had no intent of signing up for.

I called them and they agreed to cancel the membership and refund the second month's fee, but refused to reimburse me for the first $19.95 charge. It wasn't much money, but it sure is irritating to get tricked into a membership by their deceptive business practices. After I wrote them a complaint letter, telling them I was contacting my state's attorney general office, they did finally refund the first month's charge. My state Attorney General did write a complaint letter to Intelius.

If you get roped into an unintended membership by Intelius, spend a few minutes to hold them responsible for being scam artists, and pursue it until you get your money back. It won't put these jerks out of business, but it might make you feel a little better.

Comments

If you are thinking of using Intelius, do yourself a favor and Google Intelius, and you will find that they were taken to court by the Washington State Attorney General for their crooked business practices. Also, you will find many other complaints similar to mine.

And after my experience with them, it is obvious that they are anything but "more than happy to assist you".

What they are is more than happy to reach into your pockets and relieve you of your money. Spread the word that these guys are shysters of the first degree.

#311958

I signed up for people search for 0.95 and I was charged twice at 19.95 by this intelius.com within a week. I guess instead of refunding me the initial membership charge of a so call free try, my cancellation call gave them another chance to charge me again. I will try to call them and get my money back.

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.