No doubt the whole world now knows these guys are just a scam. See http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/29/naveen-jains-intelius-prepares-to-go-public-how-much-of-their-revenue-is-a-scam/

Looking at a number of online blogs and consumer site, lots of people say that the people at Intelius deserve t be in jail.

Read the information and decide for yourself. But it appears clear that this firm is a consumer rip-off and should be avoid.

How cold people at Intelius go to work everyday knowing that their firm is apparently engaged in the systematic theft form consumers?

Comments

I have been ripped off for over $700.00 by intelius since 2008. It was just recently brough to my attention that they have been carging nearly $20.00 a month on my credit card for"ID protection , and to look up people".

I hav never authorized any such charges or services nor have I received anything from them. I have never received even so much as a statement! I did not authorize any of this. I finally got someone from intelius on the phone and they said theywould have their fraud unit investigate it.

Hah! I don't think they even have a fraud unit!

They said they would refund my charges, but I will not hold my breath. I think a class action lawswuit would be a good idea.

They have made it vary hard to contact them. They say on the phone answering machine "Manage your account at Intelius.com/manage"

When I go there, (There is no link on the home page--that is bad enough)they will not enter me into "my account" unless I again offer all my information, credit card numbers etc.

BS.

I did go through my CC to cancel the charge, let's see what happens. WHADDALOTTA BS!

These people running this site should all be thrown in jail....ALL THEY REPRESENT IS A BIG-L I E!!!!!!!! Went to thier website and paid 19.95 for a "FREE 7 DAY TRIAL", following monthly membership w/"UNLIMITED PEOPLE SEARCH, REVERSE CEL PHONE LOOK UP"....ect.

TO MY DISMAY, I GOT ONE SINGLE PEOPLE SEARCH REPORT & EVERY SINGLE TIME AFTER, I WAS CHARGED $4.50. THEY ARE FRAUDULANT AND I WILL ALSO BE CONTACTING BETTER-BUSINESS. MAYBE EVEN EVERY SINGLE NEWS STATION IN D/FW METROPLEX.

Goto ***, "Intelius". :( :sigh :x :x

please provide an email address or current phone number for intelius, as I cannot reach them, although I prev cancelled with Shppers Adv. and membershipsvcs 24ProtecPlus, but still am billed $ 19.95 by Intelius ??