I am very peeved!!! I happened to look at my account online and saw that INTELIUS charged me for a service that I NEVER signed up for.

I used it once for .95cent search and it never said anything about a monthly service fee. THIS IS FRAUD!!!!! And of course they are not open on the weekend. They just take your money without you even knowing!!!!!

I will be calling the BBB and reporting them!!!! This company was talked about on my local news channel that I found out about after the fact. Now I am going to have to change all of my account info so that I can protect myself!!!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A FRAUD AND A MAJOR RIP OFF!!!! TIMES ARE HARD ENOUGH WITHOUT COMPANIES LIKE THESE RIPPING HARD WORKING PEOPLE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Same thing happened to me. I requested an address search for a long lost friend for 95 cents.

Then they charged me 19.95 a month for 3 months before I caught it.

I called them and had a difficult time understanding the accent, but understood they will refund only 1 month. A total scam.

I totally agree, Intelius is a rip off and just like the rest, I too have been taken for $150 for a .99 cent lookup. When you do call them all they say is you have to cancel the monthly fee within 7 days.

I say, I should have to agree to to a fee first. I did not agree to ongoing service and am reporting them to BBB as well.

Someone should investigate this company for misrepresentation. DONT USE THEM THEY ARE TOTALLY FRAUD.

Yes I see the fake response from Intelius - "just call us" unfortunately the phone is never answered and email goes no where. You can send a certified letter to:

500 108th Ave., Ne 25th Fl.

Bellevue,WA 98004

Also - call your credit card company immediately and dispute the charges. If this is coming out of your bank account you'll have to cancel the account and open a new one. Call and email Intelius with a cancel notification. If you still don't get a response, file a complaint with both the BBB and the Attorney General of your state. Do a Google search on line regarding lawsuits against this company - there have been several filed where Intelius has paid out - proving they are guilty. There are other lawyers actively looking for victims in their particular state to file a class action lawsuit. Research and take action. Don't let them get away with it.

If you can't reach them on the phone # they give you try these 425-974-6101, 425-974-6102, 425-974-6103, etc - you will eventually get a hold of one of their execs.

Naveen Jain their CEO got in trouble with the SEC for miss representations on his previous company Infospace. John Arnold thier EVP of business development was in the Federal Pen for lying to a grand jury about being at a strip club. Their company revenues have been declining (now at around $19.5M) as lawyers are filing class action lawsuits against them and winning. Need I say more.

i paid $0.95 to get an address. they charged me $0.95 for one address plus they charged me 19.95 for 25 address query.

for the donkeyhead who is charging fake. if i buy a single query than why i should by 25 query or vise versa.

if you want to make money than drop your prices for good. dont make yourself arrested by FBI.

I signed up for a 99 cent report and find out that I was charged 19.99 a week later. The information on the report was not even accurate.

I am calling them today to request a refund on the 19.99. I have no issue paying the .99 cents for the requested report even though the information requested was incorrect.

It really aggitates me that bussiness like this can continue charging people without thier knowledge. It is companies like this that give Internet shopping and online services a bad name.

these guys fleced me for 12 months taking out $19.95 every month it took me a while to notice and when i did i got onto them straight away and they refunded me . Is this scam allowed to go on what about the people that dont check there bills on a regular basis.

About 30 minutes ago my cell phone was ringing, thiking it was an emergency I answered. It's 4:37 am in the morning and it was a company named

INTELIUS.

They are a big rip off!!!! they took 19.95 out of my card with out my permision. All I did was go on this site just to look up an address for .95 cents!

I never aproved anything! I will report them and will sue.

I, too, was ripped off. I agreed to spend .95 to get an address and phone number my mother needed. I was careful not to agree to a subscription. Today I found a 19.95 charge on my credit card.

I disputed the charge over the phone with the credit card rep and the Intellius rep. Supposedly I'll receive a credit within the next week.

This company is completely dishonest.

I don't tell you anything now until you pay another $4.99 to get a name

leez

I have similar experience like yours! I totally agree Intelius is a big liar, sneaky, and try to steal money from you!

The main reason I am pissed off is because they show you that the SS# is available along with the latest address and phone for a one time fee of $0.95. But, when you put in your credit card number and push the button, you find out you have been charged around the $20.00 mark.

If I had gotten the information I needed, I wouldn't mind paying that money.

But the only information I received was an address that is 15 years old. I called them, and they are not willing to even talk.

I've used Intelius for years and never had a problem. Never signed up for anything more than what I needed at the moment and was never charged for anything more.

Just my 2 cents.

I am just pissed the person I am looking for didn't show up.

I contacted the FBI, started a file with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) consumer fraud division and onto the BBB next. I suggest everyone do the same.

I too signed up for one time only 95 cent one time search, they have billed my credit card for unauthorized billings of $19.99 four times. Don't use thes people they improperly charge you for services that you neither wanted nor signed up for.

I called up VALMAX- 888-241-0049 and threatened to sue them. I told them I called the BBB and my Attorney General, as well as MY attorney, and they immediately credited me $307.30 that they sneekily took out of my account.

I suggest you guys all do the same! It worked for me! I JUST DID IT NOW!

My bank traced charged all the way back from January of 2009. I had done a background check on someone via PeopleLookup.com, and of course there was something on there (not obvious) that had signed me up for this value max thing (that i was not aware of and did not authorize).

A woman who was supposidely a supervisor named VERONICA for the company immediately refunded me the over $300 that was charged over a period of 14 months.

Funny how easy it was to refund the money. These guys are DEFINATELY scam artists!

Our law firm is Plaintiffs' counsel in a class action lawsuit filed against Intelius and their partners in the Central District of California. If you have information you would like to share, or to assist in the prosecution of this case, you can contact me at:

William R. Restis, Esq.

Finkelstein & Krinsk LLP

501 West Broadway, Suite 1250

San Diego, CA 92101

Toll Free: (877) 493 5366

Fax: (619) 238 5425

email: wrr@classactionlaw.com

Intelius_Customer_Support

However, there’s no obligation.

If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

if you guys are *** enough not to read after puttin in your credit card then your *** enough to get charged :grin

If you are tired of this type of business practice, contact the Attorney General of Washington, the Attorney of your state, the Better Business Bureau.

Then contact Abigail about a Class Action need at abby1100ny@yahoo.com