I will make this brief. Intelius background checks are a fraud.

They call themselves the most accurate check system. Odd, because i lived in Ohio for nearly 22 years and they couldn't find a single residency nor could they find a single job. It cost me 33 bucks and they have a no refund policy. Because, they say that the information is no always correct or accurate.

They told me that they are sorry they could not find it and figures it is because i only 4 years on the record. Which is bogus. I payed taxed for all those years and they say they cant find it and i dont get a refund. EVERYONE, do not go to this site.

You are better off going through the courts. This company is a jip and will rip you off to fill thier pockets.

They are not accurate and shouldn't even think about calling themselves that.

Comments

I agree that intelius is a huge rip off. They don't tell you that everytime you want to view your report after paying the money for it, they charge you just for looking at it.

The people that work for intelius that I've spoken to were rude and not at all helpful. One time I did a search, tried to charge me for a membership which I never ordered.

Does anyone have the phone # for these people or know how to cancel this "membership"? Please help

I tried to find information on someone and paid $4.95 then they enrolled me in a membership. The search I made was a failure -I got NO information and complained about that.

I repeatedly asked on the website to take me off their membership, I am not interested. They took no notice. Very clever. If you operate on their website, you have no paper trail.

These guys are VERY clever scam artists and they operate within the slim margins of the law.

You ask for a supervisor on the phone, you get a similar person who is more literate. That is the only difference.

i tried finding someone that I only had a last name for over a year, The other day I readd an article in the local paper and it gave a first name a nummbered street in a

nearby town to the one I was searching. I looked in the phone book one more time with no results.

I live in an area where the county post on line the tax records.

I match about 50 names line by line, and I found the person! Never give up!

Not to say you weren't wronged by the company, but I used Intelius everyday at work for two years "a lawfirm" and didn't have any issues. And they even refunded our money when they were unable to get the correct information. Did you ever try calling them for a refund? I do agree it is pretty expensive for just one report that is why much better deal for the monthly plan. Back then they didn't have the credit watching thing your forced to sign up for nowadays

Most searches were in Missouri and Illinois don't know if that has anything to do with it either. :)

Any Questions: tech atyo u@y ah oo.c o m Spaces are in e-mail address so bots can't spam me to death remove them if you e-mail

the thing is :"if intelius cannot be trusted , can anybody recommend me an other sites that can? i really ned to find someone

at home page go to top right hit

my intelius > services > view dashboard > cancel my account

pay attention to what you click from there to make sure it takes your cancelation

#208817

I just went to the website to cancel my account, and I had basically the same experience as MJ in January--it was claimed that the service would end on November 24th. Already warned them that if I see the charge again, I would take legal action. For the time being, however, I'm content to wait and see.

I have to agree regarding Intelius. I made a complaint to them because they listed an unknown person as a relative, and their reply, which they made very difficult to forward to anyone else, was that their information was taken from public records, and if we didn't like it, we should take it up with the public record keepers.

I should mention that the other person's name would have come right after ours in an alphabetically ordered list, so it just looks like really sloppy work on their part, but I didn't appreciate the story on gang violence that came up when I Googled the other name. So I talked to my son, who is a public lawyer, and he told me that no one believes Intelius anyway.

I have done some interviewing and hiring myself, and I have never used a source of this kind, because better sources for people in my profession are available, but I certainly wouldn't use them to screen anyone, knowing what I know at this point, and I will make a complaint to public officials about companies of this type putting inaccurate information on the web and then refusing to correct it. You can make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, as well, and the BBB will at least give them a difficult time about their behavior.

This site is such a cheat. I can't cancel, even from the how to I cancel contact us page linke.

It just redirects me back to the home page.

It didn't even give me the information I was looking for. Someone please tell me how to delete my account with Intelius.

Intelius' website states repeated that they are using public record. Employment history and tax records are usually not considered public record.

It is in fact illegal for employers to release info about you without your prior approval. Have you ever noticed that on a job application you have to sign saying it's ok for them to contact the previous employers?

I finally managed to CANCEL the Privacy Protect on the website. I had to use the "Contact Us" form (from the bottom of the main page), choosing the drop-down Subject Line item "How do I cancel".

After I wrote my irate message and Sent, the page displayed a link that actually permitted Cancellation! Though they tried to get me to reconsider, and add on still more useless products.

I signed up for reasons which I cannot share here, however I will say that for the $0.99 it was an ALRIGHT deal. It gave the address, phone carrier, avg income and information about the house (bedroom, sq feet).

Too many people here are complaining, it really isn't that bad.

Anyone getting the $19.99 thing-- When you make a purchase from this site, they stupidly enroll you in their identity protect trial for 7 days, after the 7 days you will automatically be charged 20 bucks unless you cancel. To cancel, login, and at the top right click 'my intelius' try to find where it talks about identity protect trial, and cancel it.

Not only do these bastards secretly charge you if you aren't careful enough to watch, but they make it so *** hard to find out how to cancel.

Contact Abby @ abby1100ny@yahoo.com to get on board

Contact Abby @ abby1100ny@@yahoo.com to get on board :(

Same happened to me I never subscribed to Intelius service and INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA was on my credit card bill, for $19.95. A dispute has been filed with Visa and a complaint to the BBB. I want all charges reversed and my information deleted from your records.

Beaver Creek, Minnesota, United States #62322

Identity theft is a serious - and common - crime. Protect your credit, your finances and your good name with Identity Protect.

(This is a secured page)

This award-winning service includes:

A Free Credit Report

SSN monitoring

Credit & Debit Card monitoring

Bank Account monitoring

Email fraud alerts

Public Records Monitoring

A customizable "Watch List"

$25,000 in ID theft insurance

Junk Mail OptOut

Credit Card Offer OptOut

Get My Free Credit Report Already have IDWatch or Identity Protect? Click here to login.

Joining identity protect will NOT affect your credit in a negative way. Your good name is your most precious asset – protect it today.

Additional Benefit Details:

Personal Identity Profile - Find out if you're at risk for identity theft with a detailed report of your identity information, including a current credit report, address history, aliases, and more.

24/7 Identity Monitoring and Alerts - Prevent identity theft with automatic monitoring that scans billions of public records daily and alerts you to suspicious activity.

Identity Recovery Assistance - Let professionals help you recover your identity if you ever become a victim of identity theft.

Offer Details:

Click "Get My Credit Report" to activate your trial membership and take advantage of the great benefits that Identity Protect has to offer. The membership fee of $19.95 per month will be charged/debited by Intelius.com to the credit/debit card you enter today after the 7-day trial and then automatically charged/debited each month at the then-current monthly membership fee so long as you remain a member. If you wish to cancel during your 7 day trial, you can either cancel by calling us at (877) 974-1563 or visiting the "MyIntelius" section of the Intelius.com website within the first 7 days - you will have paid nothing and owe nothing. After the 7-day trial you may also cancel your membership at any time by calling us or by visiting the website. Either way, if you cancel you will not be charged future monthly fees. If you use a debit card today and you do not cancel within 7 days, beginning on or after 7 days from now, your monthly membership fee for Identity Protect will be automatically debited each month on or about the same date from the checking account associated with your debit card so long as you remain a member. If you use a credit card, it will be charged similarly each month.

Disclaimers:

*Intelius and its benefit providers are not credit repair service providers and do not receive fees for such services, nor are they credit clinics, credit repair or credit services organizations or businesses, as defined by federal and state law.

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions