I used intelius for a background check on my ex husband. Based on his check, thinking I was onto something I checked myself and both had the same erroneous information, which I verified through a public source.

It also said I had a criminal record, which I don't. But being scared paid for a criminal check. Through a public source I found out it was a 10 year old speeding ticket. I cancelled that order in less than 24 hours, so we'll see if they charge my account or not.

They have over 600 BBB complaints in the last 36 months. I have asked for a refund, but I understand that they are slow or don't give refunds. I'm going to dispute the charges on my credit cards.

Oh and you can call Brittney Fellers head of the complaint department at home 360-424-6197. Bet she won't like her personal information available from a public source used.

Cheers!

Comments

Where do they gather this *** information? They have me related to a former room mate AND gave him "my" last name, they also have false information about my background and marriages!!! What are employers thinking to trust this information and how do we get it corrected?