Intelius and Us search are the same company

did not get a criminal background check like they advertise. No information was generated when I was the person with the criminal history. I know if I have been arrested or not. Asked for refund and received no refund policy exact form letter from the same fake person that supposedly works at both companies! This is a copy of the emails that were sent to me:Hello *******, Thank you for contacting US search Customer Care. Not all individuals have a criminal record. Typically, a Criminal Check is purchased to verify whether or not an individual has a criminal record. There are some instances where you may feel a person has a criminal record, but the public records database confirms there are no criminal offenses. The following explains some instances when an individual would not have an available criminal record from the public records database: - The person has never been convicted of a crime. An arrest does not create a criminal record. The person must be convicted of a crime to have a criminal record. - The criminal records have been expunged. - The criminal records have not yet been updated in the public records database. (Updates can take several months). - The criminal records have been sealed and are no longer public. (e.g. - Minors criminal offenses are sealed and not a matter of public records). - The criminal record is in a different state than the state searched upon. - The criminal offenses are under a different name or date of birth than the one searched upon. While we are unable to provide any refunds, we would be happy to issue you a credit for a free people search as a courtesy. Please reply to this email if you would welcome the free search. Sincerely, Lewis. A Customer Care US Search Next email from intelius Hello ******, Thank you for contacting Customer Care. Not all individuals have a criminal record. Typically, a Criminal Check is purchased to verify whether or not an individual has a criminal record. There are some instances where you may feel a person has a criminal record, but the public records database confirms there are no criminal offenses. The following explains some instances when an individual would not have an available criminal record from the public records database: - The person has never been convicted of a crime. An arrest does not create a criminal record. The person must be convicted of a crime to have a criminal record. - The criminal records have been expunged. - The criminal records have not yet been updated in the public records database. (Updates can take several months). - The criminal records have been sealed and are no longer public. (e.g. - Minors criminal offenses are sealed and not a matter of public records). - The criminal record is in a different state than the state searched upon. - The criminal offenses are under a different name or date of birth than the one searched upon. While we are unable to provide any refunds, we would be happy to issue you a credit for a free people search as a courtesy. Please reply to this email if you would welcome the free search. Thank you, Lewis A Customer Care DOES LEWIS A WORK AT BOTH COMPANIES. WHAT A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Loss

Intelius took my money & gave me no valuable info.

They claimed to have info., they did not have. They charged me &1.95 to give me the name & state, which I knew, or I couldn't have made the search to begin with. There was an additional charge of $4.95, to get a current address & phone no.# they took the money, but provided noone of the information I had requested. They just take your money & run. To top it all off, they provide no way of contacting them,to voice your complait & or, demand a refund. They are just a big fat rip off & need to be stripped of their site & possibly prosecuted!

If you need assistance with your account, please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

$50 for a background check. results were address, which i gave them, age, dob and relatives.

i already had all this info.

what they gave me was info i already had which was free when i typed in the name on google. what a rip-off!!!

View more comments (1)
Dallas, Texas

Intelius - Phony Advertising and Scam

INTELLIUS IS not not not FREE. They get you to sign up for promotion and then bill you 19.95 every month for "identity" nonsense. Do not be fooled. Do not use your credit card. Do NOT use them - they are SCAM artists in our opinion. do not: give credit card; do not think Intellius is free; do not thing you are getting a promotional rate because you will end up paying month after month after month for NOTHING. DO NOT USE INTELLIUS unless you want to throw out money. Someone ought to see a class action lawyer. This is our honest opinion.
#320762

When you do business with Intelius read everything carefully. Do not assume you know what you are agreeing to without reading EVERY word and understanding fully.

** The promotional pricing was the authorization to start billing for the Identity Protect. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY DISCOUNTS OR PROMOTIONS If you do not authorize additional chargers.

** The only "free" is 7 days free and after that it will bill at 19.95, Unless you speak to a rep they can lower it to 9.95 if you want to keep it.

**Place your correct email address into the website as that is where you will get email receipts of any services and or future charges. Make sure to check your spam folder as well.

** If your unsure or just want to double check anything give them a call. Located in WA state, Pacific time the hours are... Mon-Fri: 5.00AM to 8.00PM and Saturday: 6.00AM to 4.30PM.

**Please remember when you call ntelius the CS reps are trying to keep a roof over their families head and food on the table too.

** A little kindness and respect will go far reaching with the rep more so than being rude, name calling, yelling and cussing.

** And if the rep says the membership is not refundable just let them know...

"I'm going to DISPUTE THE CHARGES.. EITHER WITH YOUR BANK, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OR WITH THE BBB (BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU).

*doing this, you will be refunded all membership charges immediately.

*you will not have to file a dispute or cancel you credit card.

*the rep is off the hook and not blamed for the lost revenue.

*** I hope this helps :)

p.s. I know Franklin he's a good guy and as long as you said the "magic word" Dispute .. Franklin can and will refund all membership charges for you.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

They already had two class action lawsuits. I was just taken for around $180 and Frankin from their Washington state HQ location said he will refund it all.

I do not believe him and am gathering all the info. The owner Naveen Jain is a thief and needs prison time.

View more comments (2)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Intelius Background sucs vs ARCHIVES RULE

I rang intelius because I had another check I had done through Archives 3 months prior that included; 6 FULL PAGES of information such as; bankruptcy, recreational licenses, employment, 16 previous address w/( phone #, dates occupied) weapon permits, judgements/liens, auto accidents, email addresses, plus your basic relative and DOB, etc.. I used the EXACT person's full name in both searches...Intelius gave me info on 2 people...my guy only had a few addresses, DOB...basically what you get when you do a basic search for someone when you already know that much and simply want to push the "purchase background report" right NEXT to the name you've searched. Intelius gave me a credit for another report...what the *** am I going to do with it...look up Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? :grin Well at least that makes one smile!!
Rogers, Arkansas

Intelius is a HUGE scam

I purchased 2 searches on the evening of October 20. It appeared that BOTH searches were instant searches. It was only after I purchased the 2nd search, did a pop up appear stating it would take 7 - 10 business days to process it. I IMMEDIATELY sent an email through the customer service page on their web site stating I did NOT want this search, as there was no indication prior to purchase that it wasn't an instant search. Several weeks pass, I NEVER received a report, and assumed all was fine. It wasn't until I received my credit card statement did I realize I was charged the $49.95. I called to rectify the situation, and I only got a run around. The rep told me to send a copy of the email I sent. I told her I sent it directly through their site so that wasn't possible. She then put me on hold to "look into it". Once she came on the line, I was told the search was completed so the charge would stand. She NEVER answered my question as to: 1) did she find the email I sent, 2) why hadn't I ever received the report? This company is a SCAM, and buyer BEWARE!!!
ID
#208863 Review #208863 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California

Intelius is a SCAM

Intelius scammed me and then their customer service department did nothing to assist me. I paid $4.95 per report that brought back ZERO results or only showed what was already visible on their site for free. I tried the phone report, SCAM. I tried the address report, SCAM. In the end, I am out $10 - which isnt much but its the point. The site knowingly takes your money and gives you nothing back. Dont even attempt their CS department. Stephan was useless. Horrible attitude, rude and I will never go to their website again. Intelius is a SCAM. Buyers beware.

These guys need a cell reserved in their names. You are charged for something that doesn't provide any results.

And man do those customer srvice people lie, lie, lie. Don't use them for anything, period!

#320926

it just happened to me today . i cant belive this ...

i really hope that they dont keep charging me monthy fees... ill be super pissed !! they charged me a 4.95 fee then a 19.95 doller fee then another 4.95 dollers fee!!! 30 bucks!!!

i am already broke and looking for someone who owes me money !!!

just my lick i guess!

DOSE ANY ONE KNOW A REAL SITE TO HELP IN FINDING A PERSON OR SHOULD I JUST HIRE A PI ?

#320925

it just happened to me today . i cant belive this ...

i am already broke and looking for someone who owes me money !!!

just my lick i guess!

Another victim reporting in. These b...d's must be shut down. No way to reach them to complain.

I did a one-time reverse number search. I learned months later they had been charging me $19.95 a month to my credit card -- a card I never use and therefore don't monitor my bill, my mistake. They allowed me to cancel no problem but did not refund my money.

In addition to paying for something that I had not anticipated, my searches returned totally useless information. Just out of curiosity, I typed in my name and confirmed that there was nothing of value to anyone.

I was charged twice: one for about $3 and another for $22. It's easy to sign up for the extra service because of the way they trick you into it by design.

I contacted Intelius and was told that it will not reverse the charge. Do not even try going to the website because it's so easy to pay for the extras ($20+) by clicking the "show report now".

Yes Intelius is a scam. Do not fall for the 95 cent trial.

They bill you full membership unless you cancel within 7 days.

They will not answer the cancellation number and the mytelius site you are told

you can cancel at will not pull up. They also will not respond to the

"contact us".

Yes Intelius is a scam. Do not fall for the 95 cent trial.

They bill you full membership unless you cancel within 7 days.

They will not answer the cancellation number and the mytelius site you are told

you can cancel at will not pull up. They also will not respond to the

"contact us".

Yea, complete scam. I wanted only to verify my boyfriend's current address because something was not right in what he was telling me.

The report promised me complete list of all addresses BUT after I've paid for it, I've got NOTHING. List of cities which I know for free.

Plus his personal info like age was wrong (I saw his original driver license and passport many times). So people are buying BS from this website for sure...Cannot trust them.

View more comments (11)
ID
#206242 Review #206242 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kure Beach, North Carolina
Loss

Intelius Rip-Off : Incorrect Info & No Refund!

A Google search for a particular individual led to a link to Intellius.com for information about that person. Intellius correctly identified the individual's name, age, and city of residence, then provided another link for additional criminal background information about the individual--which cost $29.95. I clicked on this link to buy the criminal info, entered my credit card information, and received the supposed report of the criminal background information for the person whom Intellius had identified by name, age, and location in the previous screen. However, the information in the Criminal Report was NOT for this individual! It was for someone 20 years younger with a similar name... I called Intellius to report this problem and request a refund. Intellius informed me that I should have entered the person's age on the order screen. I told Intellius that on the order screen there was NO PLACE to enter the person's age; and Intellius itself had already identified the person's age on previous screen... I further explained that Intellius, in accepting the fee, had contracted to give correct information--not incorrect information, and that I was entitled to a refund. The representative refused to give a refund and hung up the phone. BIG RIP-OFF! BIG SCAM! AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.
Chantilly, Virginia
Intelius Background Check

Intelius - Refused to give me back my money for reports i didn't want

i was looking for the addresses of 2 individuals. in order to get just the addresses, i was forced to also purchase a background check for each of them. i was also forced to purchase a 2nd 24 hour pass. when i called intelius dominic (ask me if i believe this is his name!) told me that these charges were non-refundable. he refused to let me talk to a supervisor. i told him i was angry because i had just spent $119.85 i didn't want to spend and i wanted a refund. i am unable to locate a mailing address so i plan to write the ftc and my local district attorney consumers' complaint department. dominic told me the only way i could get to a purchase screen for a background check was to do an advance search, which, of course, i didn't do. after my conversation with him, i went back and did screen prints of every screen on a name to show exactly what happened. copies of these will be going with my letter.

My credit card was charged $49.95 for a report I never received. Is in dispute now.

Pittsburg, Kansas