Scott Depot, West Virginia

I was almost afraid to even type in the name of this company because I was afraid they could somehow charge me for it. I spent $1.95 to look up a name of my favorite author so I could send her a note and ended up spending about $700.00 in fees I didn't notice until too late.

They have been charging me $19.95 a month for each of 3 services for 15 months.

Yea, $60.00 per month for what I thought I paid $1.95 for. No credit back for services either, even though they know I didn't use them.

Comments

I was about to use Intelius but reading from all the frustrated customers, gave up this option. Did someone complain to better business bureau?

After reading the Intelius Customer Support comment on this site, I had to chuckle. I called the 888 number mentioned and the only assistance they were willing to provide was in trying to give me'credits' in lieu of a refund, once again proving that getting and keeping your money is their first priority and they try to accomplish it any way they can.

Intelius_Customer_Support

It sounds like you have also accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

How do $60 a month for 15 months go unnoticed? Intelius IS a scam, but you sound like a stooge.

beware of this company. I just wanted to find my son for their misleading 1.99 and they end up charging you for a membership and I called and they said is was NON REFUNDABLE.