1.8K views

Researching my name, I found incorrect information on the INTELIUS website.I contacted customer service and inquired about correcting the matter.

Even though they input the information on their website, the claim is that they CANNOT change what they have posted, and that I should contact the agencies from whom they acquire the data. Who are they? Of course, they aren't sure or don't know. Needless to say, in addition to listing an incorrect spelling of my name, they also have me linked, as a family member, to people I don't even know.

Having the same last name does not mean people are related.

Needless to say, since they chose not to make corrections, then I have to believe that the site is unreliable and should not be used as a primary source of background check information.Look for a more accurate and reliable source before spending your money.

Had an Experience with Intelius?

Comments

I too have the same problem. Grandpa listed as husband

misspelled names of children and ages. Very wrong!!!

Tecumseh, Kansas, United States #1192467

They have my husband and myself living in towns we never have lived.Phone numbers in cities we have never had and never heard let alone know some of our relatives they associate us with.

Totally worthless website.Not reliable AT ALL!!!!!

Van Nuys, California, United States #1187593

They connected me to someone with a different last name to whom I am also not related. Now my wife thinks that I have been married before.

This site is a scourge and should be sued for class-action libel.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1179038

they say I have an "alias" when I don't. I hate the "data broker" industry

I just reviewed my information, also, and most of the information is incorrect.

I found this to be correct as well. My info is incorrect as well. I would not spend my money here either.

They also list wrong info for me as well and they refused to correct it.They show someone as being related to me, whom I never even met.

I found out that the man was someone who lived at my OLD address that died 7 years ago, but now he and his widow are magically related to us and have the same addresses I have lived at in the last 7 years.

Now I get junk mail for both of them.WTF?

They have incorrect information for me as well.They have my husband and father-in-law intermingled.

Yes, they have the same name, however, different places they've lived in, different jobs AND my father-in-law passed away 14 years ago.

They also have my daughter's EX mother-in-law listed as one of my relatives.I can't stand the woman and she's NOT related to me.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1019309

I have not even lived at certain addresses and email information is wrong. They are fake!

Same with me. Lists an alias that I have never used, 2 cities I have never lived in, and numerous people as relatives that I do not even know.