I did not authorize Intelius to take anything out of my account and they took out $19.95 today. What a joke, how are these people getting away with this sort of thing?

I simply had a missed phone call and was putting in the number to find out who it was.

I never would pay for public information nor did I ever even see Intelius name associated with any of the information and yet they charged me for something I didn't request? How are they getting away with this type of fraud, are there not regulations to protect the consumer?

Comments

I used Intelius's service to find information on an individual. Their website appears to offer a person search for .95¢.

I choose this option. When I got the credit card bill later, the charge was 19.95. I called and was told I had purchased "credit fraud protection". I did not ever intend nor have ever purchased this service in the past.

I asked for a refund and was first offered free service.

I pushed my disgruntled position and was refunded my money.. The experience felt like a classic bait and switch.

no you cant cancel online-stop telling people you can-the "details" tab doesnt exist- YOURE A CRIMINAL

Intelius_Customer_Support

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.