I too got defrauded by Intellius. I used their information services for a long period of time and as I was checking my credit card statement I noticed some unusual charges from companies I did not recognize.

After a morning on the telephone to those companies I found that they were Intellius companies with revolving charges to my credit card. These companies were: 24ProtectPlus; PMIdentity; PrivacyMatter; and Valuemax.

Again, be VERY careful if you use this company for ANY information. I wasted a whole morning of my valuable time on this matter and they had charged approx $100 in unauthorized charges through these various companies.

Comments

They charge for information they don't have !

i ordered a more indepth search for $19.95 but did not get it and asked for a refund they said it would take 3 to 10 days second email they said it was pending that was two weeks ago and now they taken more money out. how do i stop this i am on low income and can't afford this every month especially if i don't get anything for it.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #347168

i aksed for information, that isn't available unless you know the city the person is born in. I needed a death certificate The person was a foreign national.

I got screwed out of $49.95.They offered a credit for the future. Not to worry I'll never use them again.

Just think they know all about you!

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #190923

Actually, I used their service one time but was careful to go back in and remove the revolving status on my account or it will keep charging on your account. I learned this when I signed up for Classmates and they kept charging me.

It's no different with Intellius. Use it once, then remove that authorization or it will keep charging.

These people have been calling my mother multiple times and asking for me. She finally had to call the "do not call" registry & file an official complaint in order to get the calls to stop. These scam artists will all rot in ***.

I hadn't got paper invoices for a long time and just got set up online with my e-statements. Low and be hold there are all these things coming out of my account and I am going to the bank tomorrow. I will close my account if need be These people need to be STOPED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY DISQUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR ANYTHING!!!

I USED TO LOOK UP AN ADDRESS FOR .95 AND GOT BILLED ON 5-23 AND 6-19 FOR TWO DIFFERENT SERVICES I DID NOT AUTHORIZE OR SIGN UP FOR!!!! IF WE WANTED THEIR ADDITIONAL SERVICES, WE WOULD SIGN UP FOR THEM.

NOT TRICKED INTO AND FRAUDED INTO HAVING THEM BILLED TO OUR CREDIT CARDS WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION. I AM GOING TO FURTHER INVESTIGATE WITH BBB AND MY CREDIT CARD CO.

They charged me $19.95 for July, after I cancelled their service in June on the same day I used their 1 time lookup service. I was only to becharged $0.95, but I was charged the $19.95 the same day I used the service. No trial period, no nothing.

I too feel defrauded by Intellius - used their one time $1.95 address check and was billed $19.95 a month after that.

I did NOT see where you should say yes to their other services and I did NOT see the 7 day cancellation waiver.

Bad company bad services - beware

I did a search on myself with my social security number and found all kinds of incorrect information. They are not very accurate. They listed the addresses of my siblings and parents as my address.

i HAVE HAD TWO CHARGES OF $19.95 IN TWO WEEKS...QUITE EXPENSIVE WHEN I HAD CANCELED IT WITHIN A WEEK.

I'm surprised to hear these bad things about Intellius. Just use their FREE lookups.

They are more accurate than any other company and they provide more free information than all other companies combined. If you don't give out your info, and just use their free lookups, you can get much valuable information, and it is surprisingly accurate.

Same thing happened to me. I just wanted a one time reverse look up and they charged me $19.95 the same day.

I didn't find out until 15 days later. They do have a 7 day refund policy if you call on time.

Consumers need to read the fine print, but I think they have gone too far. Nowhere did I see I agreed to be charged $19.95 for membership.

Does anyone posting here know how I can get my personal info removed from PIPL's information website? I do not know how they might have acquired it.

Possibly it was sold to them by Amazon since I noticed Amazon is one of there supporters.

Isn't it illegal to post someone's home address blatantly out there for all to see?

Is there anything I can do to get them to remove it?

I just got called from my creidt card co, and I use Intellius once last week and since then I have had 3 fruadulant charges...do not use them!

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #134167

I used Intelliius as a one time deal and began getting a charge of $19.95 a month for a protection service y did not request, nor want. These people are dangerous. I am trying to find out who or what can protect me from the protectors.

***..... my dad is computer ***, and he just had me search someone on intelius....

i already entered in the information. i got to this site because i tried to cancel the current one time fee because my dad didnt want to wait 1-3 days....

Same thing happened to me

Same thing. I used a phone number lookup service once, then sent multiple emails to cancel.

They never did, though they did charge me for about a hundred bucks while I was out of the country.

I was told that I could cancel online, but their webpage didn't have that option, and all my emails were ignored. The worst part was that when I managed to get a transatlantic call through, they told me the charges were for a identity protection service to prevent people from "stealing your money."

I too had a problem with revoloving charges. And the information I requested was no correct!