Paid $4.95 to get the owner's name on a cell phone number. Credit card was charged $4.95 PLUS $19.95 for some bogus "membership" that I didn't agree to.

They use very tricky wording on their website. You have to work your way through a landmine of trickery where they try to get you to agree to one bogus membership or another. Finally, when you have successfully avoided the minefield of trickery, your credit card GETS CHARGED ANYWAY!

It's disappointing that companies like this are allowed to operate. They intentionally scam people with these $19.95 "memberships" and know from their research that only x% of people will contest the charges.

Comments

The exact same thing happened to me and it is May 2012.

It is absolutely outrageous to treat custmers like that.

I got the same $19.95 charge for 5 months already. Do you guys think I can sue them at the small claim court to get my money back?

I'm trying to unsuscribe but can't find how to do it on the website, can someone help me please?

I always keep a few prepaid credit cards on hand with various small balances to deal with this sort of thing. It will reject changes you did not know about and only pass the one you did.

If you have several credit cards, use one that you are about to cancel.

Then as soon as you buy from a suspicious seller, cancel it. 8)

I just saw that a credit card I don't use was over the limit, when I checked through I found that this comp. has alternated charging me 19.95 and 24.95 since a .99 charge I had made that I barely remember.

I did not sign up for anything and if it asked me to do a subscription I always opt out. They have charged me $420.50!!

all together for nothing! I'm going to talk to the bank tomorrow, hopefully I can get it back though probably not I am thinking about just cancel my bank accounts so I am in charge of my own money and no way this can happen again.

TALK ABOUT BEING PISSED. I JUST NOTICED THAT 19.95 WAS TAKEEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT NOT REALIZING THE 19.95 MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP.

I SIGNED UP FOR 4.95 TO LOOK UP AN ADDRESS.

THIS COMPANY HAS ALOT OF NERVE. THEY WONT EVEN REFUND YOU THE MONEY.

samanthanferguson

Okay you signed up for some reason or another but are pissed when you see a charge on your account a month later for 19.95. When it clearly says before you continue and i quote:

People Search Report

* Public Records Monitoring

* Real Time ID Theft Risk Score

* Much More

Offer Details:

Click "Continue" button to accept this special offer price and activate your trial membership to take advantage of the great benefits that Identity Protect has to offer. The membership fee of $19.95 per month will be charged/debited by Intelius.com to the credit/debit card you use today with Intelius.com after the 7-day trial. Special Offer only available to Non Identity Protect Customer. You may cancel anytime by calling (877) 974-1563 or visiting the "My Intelius" section of the Intelius.com website.

Additional Offer & Benefit Details | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

I avoided every subscription box and still got charged $19.95 for a $.99 phone number request that told me nothing! Not only was the $.99 a waste, but it wound up costing me another $19.95.

Hopefully I can get through to them in the morning to reverse the charge. Its great that there are websites like this out here so I can see that I am not the only one getting duped!

I used intellus to find a current phone number and agreed to the 95 cent charge. I navagated around the boxes needed for concent to authorize enrollment in intellus identity protect.

I was asked to enter my e-mail address to authorize enrollment. I never entered by email address and passed over the enrollment button to get my report. Within a few minutes I was sent an email stating that I would be charged 19.95 a month if I do not cancell within 7 days. I immediately typed out 2 messages for intellus customer service both of which came back to me as server doesn't exist.

In addition, intellus sent me out dated info that I already had but, would sent me more info for 30+ bucks. Stay away from intellus, this is one shady company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ordered .95 cent report and they enrolled me in a 19.95/month Id protection when I said no to this service yet was charged. I called and had the charges reverses

I just found my debit card was also charged $19.95 for this bull *** fee without my consent. Of course, I called and there office was closed.

So who knows if I will get my money back. I did see that this company has had at least two class action suits for this same nonsense in the past. All I wanted was a 95 cent report that told me a birthday. I got that and a 19.95 subscription too!

Thank God I check my account ofter or I would have been charged this every month. People...watch your accounts and what you are being charged!