Intelius used to have a simple opt-out form. Now they want you to fax them proof that you are who you claim to be before they might consider removing the listing they have on you. It sounds like a great scam to me. There's no way to know if they'll use the proof that you send them to steal your identity or do God knows what else with it. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to send proof that I am who I am to get them or any other company like them to remove the information they have on me.

It also turns out that Intelius is run by a crook (read more about the "owner" at http://techcrunch.com/2008/05/29/naveen-jains-intelius-prepares-to-go-public-how-much-of-their-revenue-is-a-scam/). This isn't the first scam company the "owner," Naveen Jain has run that has been in trouble with customers/the general public.

You can also read other reviews of Intelius at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.intelius.com. All of them are equally scathing of the company and it's horrendous practices.

Review about: Intelius Identity Protection.

I didn't like: Data is inaccurate, No simple opt-out, More id proof to opt-out, Scam, Bad customer service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Intelius?

Comments

These people get proof who you are and they will blast that all over as well.

InteliusCustomer__Support

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius solely collects and compiles the public records and publicly available information.

Local, state and federal agencies make updates to public records. The information can come from sources such as: marketing surveys, land deeds, catalog purchases, voter registrations, lawsuit filings, court records, magazine subscriptions, and address changes.

This data is maintained with active updates from the sources; however some of the updates are out of our immediate control.

If you still need assistance, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Meimo
Macomb, Oklahoma, United States #1014316

Not accurate is absolutely correct. I have never worked where the review said I have worked-or I would have had a higher payraise ...