Show reviews that mention
information credit card service money card people credit phone number scam
Filter review

Wrong Information

Update by user Oct 08, 2013

Correction to Below:

(should be 10/7/13 not 10/8/13)

Someone posted a new comment here on 10/7/13 that either didn't get posted or got removed. Whoever that person is (whether an Intelius employee or otherwise) needs to re-submit their comment again. I didn't get to see their comment after I received a notification of a new post being submitted on Pissed Consumer on 10/7/13.

Update by user Oct 08, 2013

Someone posted a new comment here on 10/8/13 that either didn't get posted or got removed. Whoever that person is (whether an Intelius employee or otherwise) needs to re-submit their comment again. I didn't get to see their comment after I received a notification of a new post being submitted on Pissed Consumer on 10/8/13.

Original review posted by user Sep 25, 2013
I recently Opted-Out my name from the the Intelius people search website. When checking their site after searching my name, they had wrong addresses, wrong relatives associated with my name. I submitted the needed information to Opt-Out and it appeared that they took down this misinformation. Now after checking their website a month later, I noticed that there is an individual with the same "first" and "last" name as me, but different middle name, different age, different gender, that is having several of my addresses and relatives being associated to their Intelius profile. This other person lives in states that I have never lived in, has a completely different middle name, has a different DOB, different gender, has different named relatives, and entirely different addresses than me - but is having some of my information aggregated in with theirs. This is a dangerous thing and should be illegal. Publicly available information does not mean randomly aggregating different people's data into one wrong profile. An on line people search company or data broker that is posting wrong data or aggregating wrong data about someone needs to be held legally accountable. The bottom line is - Intelius is not a reliable data source or aggregator of data. I my case, they did not follow instructions when errors were brought to their attention, have been incompetent, negligent, and have actually made things worse for me. I forgot to mention that in the past I have had to Opt-Out several times before from Intelius and they did not correctly remove data. I am so angry at these people that I am contacting a privacy attorney (law firm) to see what options are available. I am hoping that the Federal and State internet-privacy laws soon change to give the consumer more power to leverage against companies like Intelius. Consumers should have the right to stop or correct wrong information from being disseminated whether it be from an online people search company or the actual data broker source. Hopefully more people that have similar bad experiences with Intelius voice their concerns or complaints to the FTC.

Correction to Below:

(should be 10/7/13 not 10/8/13)

To Intelius Customer Support,

The problem is that every time we contact your customer service, nothing gets resolved. It seems as though Intelius avoids correcting customer/consumer problems when the consumer is at no fault. Instead, Intelius always seems to give some useless canned answer rather than fixing the problem or providing a real solution.

After reading many complaints on this board and all over the Internet, you would think that the Intelius management would be concerned with their company image. The time is coming when all of hassles that customers/consumers are having with Intelius are going to met with the strong arm of the FTC, the Justice Department, and other courts.

@PissedConsumer724104

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the content of our search results and would like the opportunity to assist you.

For additional information on our public records database, including opt-out request submission, please visit Intelius’ Privacy Policy at www.intelius.com/privacy.php.

You may also visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

Opt-Out Response

View more comments (4)
Palm Desert, California

Greedy Connivers

After picking a person from the choices they provided, they automatically signed me up for Omni search at $49.95. I did not sign up for anything. I had to call a call center in India to get them to remove the charges. Total BS way to hook people after they have your cc number. I got my money back on cc card, but a total waste of time. They could not provide any info on the person I was looking for. What the *** is up with 100 words, I made my *** point and its what happened.

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Intelius has taken over all "FREE" lookups.

There used to be some sites that you could actually find names for free- now everything automatically goes to their *** site. I've tried many browsers- the site does nothing, and all other sites but theirs are blocked out. I guess we all have to learn how to be hackers- or find a new browser that's not trying to make money. Why do i need to type 100 words when I can put it concisely? 100 words...hmm frustrated english teachers, why did they torture us all? adverbs and adjectives, commas- oooh, the semi-colon may i double space? I think I may need another sheet of paper. May eraser's worn out

Intelius is an internet based company. We collect and compile public records and publicly available information. We offer services like background checks, people searches, and phone look-ups.

Purcellville, Virginia

Incompetent ripoff

If you cant deliver the goods,don't hitch up the wagon.I purchased a check on myself,to determine why one of my records was coming up flawed,and incomplete.Not only couldn't they find this record,they were unable to find ANY of my records,after,of course,charging my credit card for 30 bucks.Their system located me,and I was able to verify they had the right guy,using their identity verification system,so this was not a case of the wrong I/D.This company simply cannot deliver the goods.Its that simple.Mothers and fathers beware!.,If you use THIS site,you STILL wont know who your daughter is marrying.

Intelius solely collects and compiles the public records and publicly available information. Local, state and federal agencies make updates to public records. The information can come from sources such as: marketing surveys, land deeds, catalog purchases, voter registrations, lawsuit filings, court records, magazine subscriptions, and address changes. This data is maintained with active updates from the sources; however some of the updates are out of our immediate control.

Medford, Oregon

Another Pissed Customer

I am trying to cancel my subscription that I ordered less than 30 min. ago and it won't let me get in. I just made my profile and password and now it won't let me in. I want my subscription closed and not charged to my credit card. If I don't get a confirmation stating my subscription has been cancelled I will report this as a fraudulent web site. I want this cancelled today Sunday, July 14th 2013. I will be checking my email constantly until I get the response. How come I have to write 100 words just to cancel the subscription. This is ridiculous. I don't have 100 words that need to explain this request. Please just cancel my subscription today.

I had that problem too except it was supposed to be a trial offer for the price of $3.95 or free if u opt out but instead they charged me $24.95 before the trial ended. I tried to cancel immediately after realizing the report was vague and worthless but it wouldn't let me back in the site to cancel...

Thought this was strange but then I figured I had 30 days to cancel.LIES!

When I searched through personal emails and google to find intelius again the online search didn't turn up them in results. I never was able to find them online before I could cancel but it didn't matter caused they had already busted my head and stole my money.

We are constantly striving to provide the best customer experience. Please contact one of our Customer Care Specialists so that we may work with you to resolve this matter.

Clinton, Connecticut

Feel Ripped Off

These "people searches" are a scam. Next time you want to do one, test them first by putting in a bizarre name and place. If they say they found that person, you know it's a scam. I was looking for a lost relative. I put in the basic info, and their site said they have more info. on them. So I paid the 6.95, and then searched for the additional info they offered. The search said "no results found". Are you kidding me? So I called, and the CSR was clearly in India. Told her my issue, She offered a free search. Told her I wanted my money back...because they lied to me, and that's the only person I wanted more info on. They wouldn't do it. So I took the free search with a moan, and searched for the same person again....guess what? Still nothing! But wait....there's more!! If you upgrade now to a premium membership, they will make sure you get even more information! This is like the psychic who says they can tell you more if you just pay more. Now, Let's hope they don't bill me every month like the others. At least I used a credit card instead of a debit card. UGH!!

We would be more than happy to assist you with the specific account and address your concerns. Please contact one of our Customer Care Specialists so that we may work with you to resolve this matter.

A variety of options to contact the Customer Care team can be found on the contact us page on the Intelius website.

Westchase, Florida
Loss

INTELIUS IS A SCAM AND A FRAUD !!!

These people are dishonest they just want your money.I was charged $50 dollars to look for one name and phone number. Their report contained totally inaccurate information. It was a useless report. When I called Intelius I found out that I had signed up for their monthly service. I never signed up for this. Beware, once they have your credit card # they automatically sign you up for their monthly plan and charge you $20 dollars each month,. In my case, Intelius charged my credit card for $220 dollars for their annual plan. It took 2 months and many phone calls to stop their illegal charges. And, they won't offer me a refund. I never signed up for any monthly or annual membership plan. Intelius is a SCAM. BEWARE !! DON'T FALL FOR THEIR SCAM....

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. The majority of our memberships are activated through either the acceptance of discounted pricing for individual reports, or through the acceptance of a full page offer advertised just prior to viewing the report. All of our offers describe the specifics of the service, including billing. Additionally, all of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account or have any additional billing questions, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

Newark, New Jersey

INTELIUS IS A SCAM. RIPOFF !! **BEWARE**

These people are not honest they just want your money. I was charged $50 dollars to look for one name and phone number. When I called Intelius I found out that I had signed up for their monthly service ??? I have no idea how that happened. Beware, once they have your credit card # they automatically sign you up for their monthly plan and charge you $20 dollars each month. In my case, Intelius charged my credit card for $180 dollars for their annual plan. It took me several weeks and many phone calls to stop their illegal charges. And, still they won't offer me a refund. I never signed up for any monthly or annual membership plan. Intelius is a SCAM. So, please be careful. Stay far away from them.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

ID
#419779 Review #419779 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Total rip off criminal report tells you nothing

Update by user May 01, 2013

yeah right Customer Support is a total joke, they are based in INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spoke to some *** whom I could barely understand who then transferred me to his supervisor who said he answers to no one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

completely refused help me...

again you've been warned... go ahead and waste your money !!!!!!!!

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2013
I ordered criminal background report... the report tells you absolutely nothing only gives you links to various courthouses(which you can access own your own for free) then they want to charge you another 50.00 to access those links .... total scam,, you've been warned!!! !!! !!! !!! !! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

This place is a complete SCAM!!!!! I ordered a background check for myself to see what's keeping me from buying a gun and get my CHL and It came up empty and I know my record is thicker than a dictionary.

When you sign up it charges you $19.95 twice. One for a membership and the other for the search. They are issuing me a refund on the membership, but wont on the search.

You guys are running a SCAM and need to be shut down. I'll despute the other charge with my bank.

Los Angeles, California

Taking money

For pass 4 month ino'intelius.com/sb has been taking $22.67 out of my bank account. I do not have this service and they need to stop and/or get reported! I do not work and I do not have money to throw away. I do not know how they got my name,phone number,account number. I really feel that this is a scam and they need to get reported to the better business buror and/or some gov't agency that takes care of fraud. Reading other complaints it sounds as though if they have been scamming a whole lot of other people out of money for not having their service.

It sounds like a membership may have been activated through the acceptance of an offer during the checkout process. Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you

@Customer S

:( So glad I read all these scam reviews before I signed up. You people are a joke.

Hope you go out of business or are arrested soon. You suck!

Brookings, Oregon
Loss

Intelius thinks we are stupids

I paid for a full background and just got information about people around US in different states where the guy I was looking for is actually living in. I went to a realtor website and typed in the address and get all info about my subject house. what Intelius was NOT able to do....it is shameful.. I paid for a full background and just got information about people around US in different states where the guy I was looking for is actually living in. I went to a realtor website and typed in the address and get all info about my subject house. what Intelius was NOT able to do....it is shameful..

There are many free websites on the internet where you can find information on individuals. Marriage & Divorce records websites.

Birth records, property searches etc...Don't waste you money on these so called "background" information. They are probably using the same free sites and charging you to do what you can do yourself.

Wrongful Credit Card Charge

I noticed a charge for $19.95 on my credit card from this company I had never heard of. It occurred while I was traveling in India. I called and they first tried to tell me about their company and then they kept asking for personal information so as to identify me with a charge. I would not give them the information and called American Express instead. They removed the charge from my bill. I don't know what would have happened if I had given Intelius the information they asked for. It could be a coincidence, but all the people I spoke with were Indian, too.

If you feel any credit card charges are inaccurate, contact your credit card company to file a chargeback. Also, they should be able to block any future charges from that specific vendor.

They did exactly the same thing to me. When I called them they tried to tell me they had no account for me so they couldn't reverse the charges. I contacted the bank (Wells Fargo) and they stopped it temporarily. But a few months ago the charges started appearing again as a "recurring debit," which I never authorized. And the charges weren't even on a month to month schedule. They were spaced anywhere from 10 days to 25 days apart, all under a "recurring debit." Hopefully WF put a stop to it this time. If not, this may be class action material.

We apologize for any inconveniences that you have incurred. If you still need assistance, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

View more comments (2)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
first of all I don't appreciate giving my information to a company and not getting what was promised. This was supposed to be a free 2 day trial and yet when I attempted to use the reverse cell phone app it asked me to pay 4.99. No thank you please cancel this...

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast!

What web host are you using?

Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol Regards Rose Martine

View more comments
Lexington, Kentucky

Reverse phone check up

how can i get a service for reverse phone check up in INDIA.i had got a call from a Mumbai in INDIA but am unable to find the address.so i need your help.so please give me reply to dis website only and make it useful for all Indians. I hope you will do this for encouraging our INDIA. Even the reverse mail address is also not useful to us.so please develop the website with each and every tracking information for us.And only serving to US is not helpful but what about the rest of countries.please go head for us.

I wish it was free app

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the use of our service.

We are constantly striving to provide the best possible products and services to consumers. Currently, the information in our database consists of public records and publicly available information within the United States.

If you find you still have questions regarding our service or need additional assistance, please contact one of our Customer Care Specialists so that we may work with you to address your concern.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We sincerely value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Told I would be charged 4.95, charged 21.75 2x

got a phone number, didn't they use to be free? anyway paid for 4.95 for a phone number. when my credit card statement came. 6.95 for phone number and two charges for 21.75. they didn't tell me they automatically enrolled me into some program that charges me every month.fkalfdk fakldf aklda fkdla ff aklf ladf ladk flkadf jal fkad fkalj flkd fkdla fdlka fjkal fkdla fjl f dkal flad f flda jfkd ffkal fkla fjkdsla fjkalf f dla fla ffa flka fla jfdkla fal fa fjal fjalk fla fjal dflajfdl fdkaljf dlajf jdkal fjlkadj fklda fjaklfj aldjf

New York, New York