Show reviews that mention
information credit card service money card people credit phone number scam
Filter review

!ntelius Opt Out

I followed the Opt Out instructions on the form to the letter. There is a HUGE cliche with the system. I uploaded the Drivers License file EXACTLY as instructed. I saved it as a GIF, JPG, and the only other acceptable file extension. I continued without ANY LUCK to get the system to accept my upload. I tried ALL the browsers, Google Chrome, Safari, and FireFox. I tried from a MAC and a PC computer and I even called the help line and got no answers and the file was never accepted. If there is someone out there at Intel's that can explain why you follow instructions to the LETTER and the file they ask for in the exact format saved in the proper extension will not upload into the box I would SURE LIKE TO KNOW!!!
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Opt Out of your system(s) ALL 16 sister/family affiliates and ALL of the sites you own!!!

Scam

I am very disappointed at Intelius, they have a sale for $0.95 and I ended up paying $7.95. Bogus report and a scam. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRAP. They automatically sign you up for a so call premier monthly services if you do cannel within 7 days, you will end up paying $30 monthly. Please read the fine print so you do not end up like me!!! People should be able to make one search without having to pay a future. I do not mind paying for value, but the information provided by Intelius is totally bogus because I was able to find that same information online without having to pay a future. It is a disgrace that a company like intelius is allowed to take advantage of ordinary people in this manner. I would have gladly paid the amount asked if the information provided was worthwhile.
Elk River, Minnesota
Product
Intelius Subscription
Price reduction

Intelius Subscription Review

Companies like this are the lowest *** on Earth. They try to trick you into paying this monthly subscription when you never authorized it. We should call them every 5 minutes for the rest of their worthless lives and let them know what lowlifes they are (as if they didn't know already.)
Product
Intelius Subscription

Short Review on October 25, 2016

Informatiom is not reliable and is incorrect.
Clearwater, Florida
Bad quality

Even the gender was wrong.

I did a background search today on a developer/contractor/landlord and almost every piece of information was inaccurate, even the gender was wrong. My subject (a male) has a DUI, six open Civil cases in DC Superior Court, has a judgment for fraud over $500,000, has defaulted on several mortgages and several landlord/tenant actions.....none of which appeared in the background report. I clicked on his wife and she was listed as a male. Moreover, they listed none of his properties (he owns at least five in DC) and his home address is wrong. I paid 39.95 for garbage and want my money back. If my credit card has a charge I'll file a claim.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Full refund

Intelius People Search Review

Innacurate personal information on many people? Why?
Mountain View, California

Intelius gave me outdated email and phone

i was searching my friend's phone and email. looked at yellowpages.com and intelius COUGHT me somehow and provided outdated info and put on a monthly membership that i did not want. when i called they did not refund money. i think they are cheaters!!if they cant have updated phone and email, a fool only can trust them with other services!! i think they are cheaters!!if they cant have updated phone and email, a fool only can trust them with other services!! WHY 80 WORD THESIS ONE HAS TO BE FORCED TO WRITE SIR
Customer S

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius solely collects and compiles the public records and publicly available information.

Local, state, and federal agencies make updates to public records. The information can come from sources such as: marketing surveys, land deeds, catalog purchases, voter registrations, lawsuit filings, court records, magazine subscriptions, and address changes.

This data is maintained with active updates from the sources; however some of the updates are out of our immediate control.

If you still need assistance, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

View more comments (1)
Fremont, California

Intelius People Search Review from East Setauket, New York

I work with psychiatric patients. I do not want my info online for safety as my address. They keep pretending they cant see my attachment & no matter how much they enlarge it they wont let me opt out. I will sue them if i can. They have no regard for safety issues they lie & say they cannot see my info
Customer S

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the content of our search results and would like the opportunity to assist you.

For additional information on our public records database, including opt-out request submission, please visit Intelius’ Privacy Policy at www.intelius.com/privacy.php.

You may also visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

View more comments (1)
East Setauket, New York

Review in Internet category from Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania

I have been charged 29.99 on my card for months. I finally had to cancel debit card. I received a new one. Somehow they started charging that card and i never gave them that one. This is crimonal.

They have done the same to me. for 19 months.

They are only refunding back 12 months out of 19 at $21.35 per months. I'm planning a Class Action Law Suite and will need all of you with the same complaints to join me. please stay Tuned in this blogg or contact me at nmandili@***.com. This is a huge law suite with settlement in the MILLIONS according to my attorneys.

We need all of us to band together to get after them for illegal practices.

Nobel

@PissedConsumer1144067

I'm having the same issue as well. $19.95 a month for 2 years before I caught on and I never used the services...not even once.

I was told they would refund 12 months as well..still waiting on that...I did receive an e-mail stating that they would refund 19.95 to my account after speaking with a rep. who said I would receive 239.40.

This just took place yesterday...I am waiting to see what I actually do get back in the 5 to 7 day period. I might just be with you on this suit thing if it's still happening.

View more comments (2)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Problems with payment

Intellius scam

I did a background check with Intelius and they gave me a subscription for $19.95/mo for identity protection!A service I never asked for, never authorized!!! THEY ARE STEALING from consumers! I am disgusted! I am calling the better biz bureau! How can send they send a person an email, with an subscription hidden in the small print and charge you for a service you never authorized. This company and their profits are a scam!!! Please beware of email scams like this . They made 17 million in profit last year using this phishing strategy.
Customer S

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process.

All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

Manassas, Virginia
Pricing issue

Intelius Background Check Review from Bloomfield, Pennsylvania

These people have published a invalid online report on me. Intellius claims I own Godwin Energy Resources, LLC. and that when I investigated it it is non exsistant. Then they published that I lived in Louisiana. I have never been in that state. Intellius states I'm related to both a Doris Godwin and August Godwin. That is the nothing farther from the truth than that. Intellius states all these places I have lived and that no truth what so ever. Shut these people down.

Bloomfield, Pennsylvania
Not as described/ advertised

Keep taking money from my account after I stopped service

I took out a one month subscription. The next month they charged me again even though I stopped the service. Trying to find a phone number for them has been fruitless. I don't want them taking more money from my account and am no longer using the site. This company is stealing from consumers and needs to be stopped. I now understand why people go on shooting rampages because of sheer frustration. When I tell a company to stop their services that is exactly what I expect them to do, not continue taking my money. Why would the Better Business Bureau give this company a good rating? They need to look into this company further.

Silver City, New Mexico
Cons
  • Bad customer service
Full refund

Used once...and then they kept billing me

I used this company once to check on an address...next thing I know, they're billing me without authorization. Incredible. What a scam!! not sure why this continues...i saw on the web that MANY, MANY PEOPLE have had the same experience...yet, they continue...not sure why this continues to go without check. Unlike some customers, when I called, i I talked to someone right away...wasn't put on hold...but kept telling me the address that they have listed in not the address I gave them. Well, I think I know where I live! They kept asking for me informamtion....finally, I was able to cancel the subscription.

Review in Household Services category from Utica, New York

I want out of contract and also people.com also which I never signed up for

Utica, New York
Poor customer service
Yes they auto signed me up for 19.95 for a premimium subscription. The site had two checkboxes for 39.99 With subscription to intellius special offer (Which smelled like an auto subscription so I opted for the 49.99 regular price background check). After putting my...

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process.

Memberships can be activated through either the acceptance of discounted pricing for individual reports, or through the acceptance of a full page offer advertised just prior to viewing the report. All of our offers describe the specifics of the service, including billing. Additionally, all of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

San Antonio, Texas