Intelius=SCAM

About 6 weeks ago I used Intelius to find out the name and address of a number that kept calling my cell phone. After paying $5 they gave me the first name but no other information. I complained but received no response and no credit back to my charge card. The next month my credit card gets charged $19.95. Intelius had signed me up for a Indentity Theft Protection against my consent. After finding this "Pissed Consumer" website and reading about quite a few people being hit by this scam, I called Intelius to complain about the unauthorized charge. The female rep actually tried to talk me into the service that they already charged my card for. I told her I did a little search on the internet about this scam and that Intelius has pi$$ed off more than just a few people. If she didn't want me to take further action that the charge better be removed, pronto. They removed the charge and I haven't seen another since but being the scammers they are I'm sure they'll do it again.

they are disonhest dont know how to work onhest dont do any bussiness with intelius u will lose money there snakes in the grass iam contacting the att gen to file a class action law suite e mail me 2 KRWINFLA@***.COM IF YOUR A VICTIM

yes they are sneaky scamers the hit me i cancalled and hit me three months later iam going after these *** bags beware dont use ther services unless u want to lose money krwinfla@***.com keith

#20174

At Intelius we take customer service very seriously, please contact me at contactus@***.com and I would be happy to address the issues you mentioned in your post. Thanks - Chris

Saginaw, Michigan

Intelius has hacked my computer

These pond *** should be in prison. I just spent a lot of time and money to protect the sanctity of MY PERSONAL PRIVACY. Like most Americans I VALUE my privay but *** like this company uses tracking cookies to make your life miserable. Every time you try to get some information on the net - *** like Intelius hacks you with pop ups that interrupt your train of thpught and privacy. They then DARE to call themselves business people. That are comon criminals whose liveilhood depends upon their ability to invade EVERYONE'S privacy! These creeps belong in prison. I RISKED MY LIFE years ago in uniform of an Airborne Special operations commander to protect basic American freedoms. ONE of those cherished freedoms is freedom from invasion of privacy. MY computer is NOT a public toilet. it does NOT belong to eveyone in the world and like my telephone - I have the right NOT to be spied on.

I am a seasoned hacking. Starting rates 150$ per page.

Dude they can still ge through, are you the one with no brains. That is why it is called HACKING...HACKING..even when you block cookies and block ups..

Maybe he just didn't put his complaint in the right format. It can be you next...

Dude, just block the pop ups and cookies on your computer and don't complain about it again. Like you said you have the freedom of choosing to block or not to block pop ups and cookies.

Tampa, Florida

Intelius

I was charged twice for membership. Also no information was found for what I was looking for. The first was my mistake for even payinng once for this site. Their mistake was to not come through with what they said they would and charged me twice. They decucted from my account $19.95 on the 10th of June and then again on the 15th of June. How can that be being billed twice in five days and then not help search in any way Very scary for a company to beable to just take funds out of your account without being authorized.
#20178

Lakewood, Washington

Intelius Overcharge Scam

I purchased an online phone report from Intelius on 6/20/08 for a price of $4.96. When I received my receipt online, I was charged a total of $9.90. When I called Intelius customer service, I was told 3 times that the extra charge was an error of their online program. When I asked for my $4.94 back as it was Intelius's error, I was told that Intelius does not give refunds. I explained that if it was Intelius's error it would not be considered a refund. The customer service person repeated 3 more times that Intelius does not give refunds. I called Intelius back thinking I was dealing with an unhelpful person, but no, the second person repeated the same "no refund" line.

intelius is a criminal orginzation. Why would the bank card companies continue to do business with this rip off.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Loss

Intelius is full of none sense!!!

Intelius is full of none sense!!! Do Not Use any of the Services With Intelius! The information Intelius provides is in complete and unsatisfactory for the amount of money they charge. Also, the customer service personal is ignorant about the services they have. The only thing they know is to tell you that is the following: “I am sorry but the money we've charge is none refundable." I think that this company needs to be checked by government officials and be fined for undelivered services or they should refund the money back to the consumers. Conserned Citezin. June 17, 2008
Long Beach, California

Intelius.com playing games...

So about a week ago, I ordered a ONE TIME report for $2.95 on Intelius.com and made sure to READ ALL FINE PRINT before giving going ahead with the order. This morning, I noticed that my account had a charge on it for $19.95 for an "IK9*PRIVACY MATTERS". Of course, right off the bat I was pissed because I had no clue who the *** it was and didn't want to deal with my PAIN IN THE *** bank. So I decided to do a search on "IK9*PRIVACY MATTERS" and found this website with tons of information. I didn't go A-wall, but I did call them up. I told them what happened, that it was a WIDESPREAD known fact that they are doing this AND to refund my bank account RIGHT AWAY. Like clock work, the person on the other end read what seemed to be a script, told me that this would be taken care of and to have a nice day. Anyone know if this can be reported to a federal agency? The lady I spoke to was CLARIECE with PRIVACY MATTERS.

BEWARE! BEWARE!

BEWARE!

Although Intelius is a reasonable search engine for $1.95, Intelius very deceitfully, in small print will enroll you in their ID Protection Program for $19.95 a month. If you do not scutinize your charge card statement they will continue to charge you $19.95 a month.

This identical thing happened to a Wells Fargo Bank employee who works in the charge card department and she has received numerous complaints about Intelius unauthorized billings to customer charge cards. So do not use Intelius but if you must then be sure to check your charge card statement monthly.

They *** me too. But I'm about to *** THEM!

View more comments (1)
Bloomfield, New Jersey

Rude CSR's, PMIdentity scam, unanswered calls and emails

Got charged for a service I didn't sign up for. Spend lots of time on the phone to straighten it out. Almost 2 months of unanswered calls and emails only to be told today via email from intelius customer service to "*** IN A SHOE". I asked why he was so rude and was then told "THAT IS WHAT IN IN OUR MANUAL. Yup, no joke, copies of the email will be mailed, emailed and faxed to anyone important I can find in that company. I am just shocked! People work in the customer service industry and have no customer skills. I'm tired of them getting away with it. They ruin it for the people who work hard to make customers happy and for us customers who PAY for their services!
#20207

Willimantic, Connecticut

Intelius.com is a scam!

DO NOT ever buy any "products" from Intelius.com. I wanted to do a criminal record search on some *** that stole my identity. You find out ABOUT the record, but you can't view it's contents. They mislead you into thinking if you spend just a little more money, you've got it. Fat chance! All they do is tell you about more reports that you have to buy. They do not tell you anything, except that you have to buy into the next level of their scam. Their system is built up in layers. Every new type of info cost more money. They want you to buy the 50 dollar report, which I didn't do, but I ended up wasting 40 dollars anyway. These people are *** artists. They are not a legitimate business. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

They charged my credit card on 2 different days for $14.95 and then in the 3rd day they tried to charge my credit card but my credit card Suspected fraud so they contacted me ...my Amex has opened up a fraud case . The 1st charge was on December 30th , 2nd on December 31st and the 3rd attempt was made on January 1st 2020 ... total scammers BEWARE !!!!

If you are unhappy with your report, or need additional assistance please contact a

customer support representative.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

My checking account is in chaos because I spent $1.75 to check out someone's address w/Intelius. They have signed me up for products I didn't buy and are taking money out my account on weekends when I can't get ahold of anyone over the phone.

I have stopped my debit card and am considering changing banks. I have lost $150.00 so far.

I am on SSI and have only $220 a month after rent. So you see what they have done to my life.

New Gloucester, Maine

INTELIUS DOESN'T DELIVER

i ordered a reverse phone number check on a single telephone number mainly because their advertisement claimed that they have the name, address and other details "AVAILABLE". but as soon as i paid with my credit card, i noticed that "AVAILABLE" quickly became "ASSISTED PHONE SEARCH IS REQUIRED" and i would actually have to wait 24-48 hours. 48 hours later, i called customer service and was told that it can actually take up to 72 hours. in the meantime i spent 15.55 mins of my time at 45 cents per minute on the phone to get this answer. 8 hours after i spoke with customer service, i noticed an email from intelius with the heading "NEW REPORT AVAILABLE", but in it, it said that the requested information is "NOT AVAILABLE" and that my credit card has not been charged (as if i should be thankful for that). so whatever happened to their initial claim that the information for such and such number is "AVAILABLE"? it is sickening that such a supposedly large online intel company can engage in such trickery.

oh, i almost fell for that! Thanks for the warning.

ID
#121942 Review #121942 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

Do not use intelius

Total Rip-Off...waste of hard-earned money....Their advertisement is very misleading..Do not use! Said name and address of user was available but only gave me the name of the wireless server that this individual uses and the city and state that this user lives in. No name and no address...but the supposed income and the supposed value of the house the person lives in. I wanted to know who the person is who is calling me and hanging up. The other information does not interest me. Don't make the same mistake I did! You will regret throwing away your money.
Madison, Wisconsin

Dont' waste your money

My experience is similar to other reviewers. I gave them a social security number, and they gave me a worthless report consisting mainly of people who happen to have a similar name to the person for whom I was searching. I filled out their email form to register a complaint, but never received a response. Another nice touch is that they will try to get you to sign up for some identity theft protection service, and they make this service look like it's part of the registration process. It's not. This was a complete waste of fifty dollars.

They refuse to remove wrong information. They just don't care.

It's frightening to know that law inforcement uses this. It should be illegal to use this.

They refuse to *** wrong information. They just don't care.

Yes, alot of the info was wrong and they didn't care. When I asked them were the info came from they refused to tell me because they told me they would lose my business.

#11959

Amen. I got a bait and switch.

The free search showed several hits; the one I paid for had ZERO hits.

No response to emails. What a rip off.

View more comments (3)
ID
#119821 Review #119821 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Stamford, Connecticut

Look for extra charges on your account because of Intelius.com

Regardless of what you use or buy on Intelius.com, they automatically sign you up for another program with AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM. That is the name that will show up on your account with a charge of 19.95. I didn't read anything that said I was okay with this and the only reason I caught it so fast was because I check my account online. I did call this company and they were quick to cancel the supposed membership I agreed to, saying it would take 2-3 business days to credit my account. The woman who helped me didn't seem to shocked by my complaint. Don't ever purchase anything with Intelius. Any company that is okay with this kind of business shouldn't be doing any business.

Log into your account. Go to the People Search Tab. At the top of the page you should see a block stating "My Intelius Services Summary"-Underneath click the link for your subscription. At the top of the next page where you see your login information. click "manage service". Then select Account Settings next to 'my subscriptions'

scroll halfway down and you see "MY SUBSCRIPTION" in bold. Click the Cancel link.

continue selecting the appropriate answer for why you are cancelling. do not take their offer of the discounted rate and be sure to answer No-Delete my Subscription.

This clearly states that you will not be refunded but will have access for the remainder of the billing period and will not be charged once the period ends.

You can also try calling and talking to someone to see if you can get a refund. I found it easier to just do it online than mess with the hassle called Intelius over the phone.

Though you were in the right I am sure they hung up on you because you were rude?

I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT YOU GUYS HAVEN'T EVEN LISTED A FREE 24-HOUR BLOCK OF TIME. BESIDES, I THOUGHT INTELIUS WAS FREE ANYWAY.

FREE ON ALL SEARCHES NOT JUST A NAME LOOK-UP!!!! YOU GUYS ADVERTIZE THAT YOUR A FREE PEOPLE SEARCH THEREFORE...THAT'S WHAT I EXPECT!!!!

I also got billed for a couple of AP9 companies after using intellius. I called these scam operators and got very angry and very rude.

I called them every four letter name in the book and threatened them with everything I could think of, including coming there in person, if they did not stop billing my credit card w/o my consent.The way I see it it is no different than being mugged in an alley, and you have to fight like a cornered wolverine. It worked.

intelius should be shut down! how are they able to scam people like us??

why does it keep happening?? :( :( :( :?

intelius should be shut down! how are they able to scam people like us??

why does it keep happening?? :( :( :( :?

the same thing happened to me and now i have to cancel my credit card...

Keep spreading the word about these crooks. It seems that is all we can do so far.

These folks have pilfered from me as well. How do you spend $2.95 only to have $19.95 and $9.95 charges made to your account every month??

Sure, they said they'd give me a quasi refund, but I already canceled my credit card account and likely will not get it.

Why is this company allowed to conduct "business" like this? I think I'm going to call my local news station and their consumer reporter....

this company is a big SCAM, they charged me for services that i did not ask for. Do Not under any circumstances use them.

when you call their number you have to wait about an hour. they are a big scam, buyer be aware.

they signed me up for 19.95 service that i did not order. :( :( :( :( :cry :x :sigh :eek :( :( :(

View more comments (15)
ID
#119651 Review #119651 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Greeley, Colorado

Don't Use Intelius!

I signed up with Intelius to do a reverse phone lookup. It said the number was listed in their service, and for $4.95 I could read the information. Once I put in my card information, I was automatically charged $9.90 and could not back out of the deal. When I tried, it automatically went into another service of their's for identity theft protection. It took a lot of tries to back out of this page. Then I got an email saying it would take 48 hours to get the phone # information. I called my bank, and they said I could file a claim against the company, but would have little chance of getting my money back. Don't use Intelius! They're a rip off!

Do you own stock in Publicintel.com? Inelius and web sites like yours are all scams that pray on baiting with false promisie.

and for the original poster, you can get your money back but must complain in writing to your credit card company. Lesson to be learned: if too good to be true (of these scam web site claims) it in NOT TRUE.

I have been an investigator for sometime now and I have utilized www.intelius.com as a tool only to point me in the right direction when information on a subject was limited. For the most part, they were pretty good BUT they were expensive.

Due Diligence requires me to verify the veracity of the records listed for a subject because, as previous comments have alluded to, records could be in error, listed because of name similarity, and for other reasons to numerous to cover in this posting. Nonetheless, I was pointed in the right direction and without due diligence research, the information would amount to nothing but public information. I don't utilize intelius.com anymore, mainly because of the price. However, I was just referred to www.PublicIntel.com which was much more price-effective for the public information it provided.

If I found information that was in error, I always ascertained the reason why it was listed in the first place.

My advice to the public, if information listed on a public records search is in error, there are dispute venues (most likely a form) to get such an item in error removed, ESPECIALLY if the information in error is utilized for employment OR residential purposes. If an item does not show up that should be there, check first the source responsible for reporting & work your way up the ladder to the background information service provider.

View more comments (1)
Knoxville, Tennessee

Intelius Is A Huge Waste Of Money

I will make this brief. Intelius background checks are a fraud. They call themselves the most accurate check system. Odd, because i lived in Ohio for nearly 22 years and they couldn't find a single residency nor could they find a single job. It cost me 33 bucks and they have a no refund policy. Because, they say that the information is no always correct or accurate. They told me that they are sorry they could not find it and figures it is because i only 4 years on the record. Which is bogus. I payed taxed for all those years and they say they cant find it and i dont get a refund. EVERYONE, do not go to this site. You are better off going through the courts. This company is a jip and will rip you off to fill thier pockets. They are not accurate and shouldn't even think about calling themselves that.

I agree that intelius is a huge rip off. They don't tell you that everytime you want to view your report after paying the money for it, they charge you just for looking at it.

The people that work for intelius that I've spoken to were rude and not at all helpful. One time I did a search, tried to charge me for a membership which I never ordered.

Does anyone have the phone # for these people or know how to cancel this "membership"? Please help

I tried to find information on someone and paid $4.95 then they enrolled me in a membership. The search I made was a failure -I got NO information and complained about that.

I repeatedly asked on the website to take me off their membership, I am not interested. They took no notice. Very clever. If you operate on their website, you have no paper trail.

These guys are VERY clever scam artists and they operate within the slim margins of the law.

You ask for a supervisor on the phone, you get a similar person who is more literate. That is the only difference.

i tried finding someone that I only had a last name for over a year, The other day I readd an article in the local paper and it gave a first name a nummbered street in a

nearby town to the one I was searching. I looked in the phone book one more time with no results.

I live in an area where the county post on line the tax records.

I match about 50 names line by line, and I found the person! Never give up!

Not to say you weren't wronged by the company, but I used Intelius everyday at work for two years "a lawfirm" and didn't have any issues. And they even refunded our money when they were unable to get the correct information. Did you ever try calling them for a refund? I do agree it is pretty expensive for just one report that is why much better deal for the monthly plan. Back then they didn't have the credit watching thing your forced to sign up for nowadays

Most searches were in Missouri and Illinois don't know if that has anything to do with it either. :)

Any Questions: tech atyo u@y ah oo.c o m Spaces are in e-mail address so bots can't spam me to death remove them if you e-mail

the thing is :"if intelius cannot be trusted , can anybody recommend me an other sites that can? i really ned to find someone

at home page go to top right hit

my intelius > services > view dashboard > cancel my account

pay attention to what you click from there to make sure it takes your cancelation

#208817

I just went to the website to cancel my account, and I had basically the same experience as MJ in January--it was claimed that the service would end on November 24th. Already warned them that if I see the charge again, I would take legal action. For the time being, however, I'm content to wait and see.

I have to agree regarding Intelius. I made a complaint to them because they listed an unknown person as a relative, and their reply, which they made very difficult to forward to anyone else, was that their information was taken from public records, and if we didn't like it, we should take it up with the public record keepers.

I should mention that the other person's name would have come right after ours in an alphabetically ordered list, so it just looks like really sloppy work on their part, but I didn't appreciate the story on gang violence that came up when I Googled the other name. So I talked to my son, who is a public lawyer, and he told me that no one believes Intelius anyway.

I have done some interviewing and hiring myself, and I have never used a source of this kind, because better sources for people in my profession are available, but I certainly wouldn't use them to screen anyone, knowing what I know at this point, and I will make a complaint to public officials about companies of this type putting inaccurate information on the web and then refusing to correct it. You can make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, as well, and the BBB will at least give them a difficult time about their behavior.

This site is such a cheat. I can't cancel, even from the how to I cancel contact us page linke.

It just redirects me back to the home page.

It didn't even give me the information I was looking for. Someone please tell me how to delete my account with Intelius.

View more comments (28)
Bellevue, Nebraska

Intelius ripped me off and they'll do it to you.

I wanted a background check on someone I'd met online and didn't trust. I used Intelius. It turns out that the low prices quoted by Intelius are a come-on. Every tiny smidgen of extra information will cost you at least an additional $5 bucks, and the info is woefully outdated. NOW I can't stop Intelius from sending me monthly emails. Not only are the subject lines blank, the body of the email appears to be encrypted. I have asked them to stop but they won't. And although there is a toll-free line to sign up for service, you have to make a toll call to contact customer service. I swear to God, don't even go to their website. It's like a spider's web. They will NEVER stop sucking the blood out of you.
Little Silver, New Jersey