Show reviews that mention
information credit card service money card people credit phone number scam
Filter review

Identity company took money i didnt sign up for

I did a search on someone through itelius,they said if they could not find anything,I would not be charged.OK this was fine what could it hurut I said.A few days later,I got an email saying nothing found.Refund. I looked at my bank statement and saw a charge of $19.95 taken out out.A phone number was there called,auto service.OK so i cancelled something I never signed up for.Now action will be taken.pm identity..phone number 888-840-****..anyone else have this number on file? 40$ lost to them
Dayton, Maryland

Intelius-Brittney Fellers home number

I used intelius for a background check on my ex husband. Based on his check, thinking I was onto something I checked myself and both had the same erroneous information, which I verified through a public source. It also said I had a criminal record, which I don't. But being scared paid for a criminal check. Through a public source I found out it was a 10 year old speeding ticket. I cancelled that order in less than 24 hours, so we'll see if they charge my account or not. They have over 600 BBB complaints in the last 36 months. I have asked for a refund, but I understand that they are slow or don't give refunds. I'm going to dispute the charges on my credit cards. Oh and you can call Brittney Fellers head of the complaint department at home 360-424-****. Bet she won't like her personal information available from a public source used. Cheers!

Where do they gather this *** information? They have me related to a former room mate AND gave him "my" last name, they also have false information about my background and marriages!!! What are employers thinking to trust this information and how do we get it corrected?

Stockton, California

Intelius Scam:

I ran a report on myself. I lived in the area 60 years. They have no report or any other refrence on me. They will not refund. I will contract my creidit card and issue a complaint. They are a scam. Do not use them as they are multi-teared scam system making you pay for more services thinking you will get your information if you pay the added price. Scam...! I don't know if other companies can provide this service. It is good to run a background search when you are constructing a resume. But, you nead to deal with a proper company which ain't a scam, if there is such a company. I tried another company and they also are a scam. Good luck, Joe

I wanted a one-time report to get an address for $1.95. I noticed the process was deceptive as I went through the steps, so I navigated verrrrry carefully, got my address, and appeared to end up with a membership.

After three attempts following complicated directions to opt-out or cancel (twice thinking I'd misread the directions, LOL); the option simply wasn't available. The contact by email limits your choices so I sent several, but had to telephone and go through the time-consuming procss of waiting for an available rep. According to "Kevin" I didn't have a membership (so evidently I'd navigated their mine-field of unwanted purchases). It's highly unethical to trick customers; I could see the handwriting on the wall regarding extra charges.

My time is too valuable to spend on such as this.

This researcher won't be using Intelius again! ML

Reston, Virginia

Don't use Intellius

I too got defrauded by Intellius. I used their information services for a long period of time and as I was checking my credit card statement I noticed some unusual charges from companies I did not recognize. After a morning on the telephone to those companies I found that they were Intellius companies with revolving charges to my credit card. These companies were: 24ProtectPlus; PMIdentity; PrivacyMatter; and Valuemax. Again, be VERY careful if you use this company for ANY information. I wasted a whole morning of my valuable time on this matter and they had charged approx $100 in unauthorized charges through these various companies.

They charge for information they don't have !

i ordered a more indepth search for $19.95 but did not get it and asked for a refund they said it would take 3 to 10 days second email they said it was pending that was two weeks ago and now they taken more money out. how do i stop this i am on low income and can't afford this every month especially if i don't get anything for it.

i aksed for information, that isn't available unless you know the city the person is born in. I needed a death certificate The person was a foreign national.

I got screwed out of $49.95.They offered a credit for the future. Not to worry I'll never use them again.

Just think they know all about you!

#190923

Actually, I used their service one time but was careful to go back in and remove the revolving status on my account or it will keep charging on your account. I learned this when I signed up for Classmates and they kept charging me.

It's no different with Intellius. Use it once, then remove that authorization or it will keep charging.

These people have been calling my mother multiple times and asking for me. She finally had to call the "do not call" registry & file an official complaint in order to get the calls to stop. These scam artists will all rot in ***.

I hadn't got paper invoices for a long time and just got set up online with my e-statements. Low and be hold there are all these things coming out of my account and I am going to the bank tomorrow. I will close my account if need be These people need to be STOPED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY DISQUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR ANYTHING!!!

I USED TO LOOK UP AN ADDRESS FOR .95 AND GOT BILLED ON 5-23 AND 6-19 FOR TWO DIFFERENT SERVICES I DID NOT AUTHORIZE OR SIGN UP FOR!!!! IF WE WANTED THEIR ADDITIONAL SERVICES, WE WOULD SIGN UP FOR THEM.

NOT TRICKED INTO AND FRAUDED INTO HAVING THEM BILLED TO OUR CREDIT CARDS WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION. I AM GOING TO FURTHER INVESTIGATE WITH BBB AND MY CREDIT CARD CO.

They charged me $19.95 for July, after I cancelled their service in June on the same day I used their 1 time lookup service. I was only to becharged $0.95, but I was charged the $19.95 the same day I used the service. No trial period, no nothing.

I too feel defrauded by Intellius - used their one time $1.95 address check and was billed $19.95 a month after that.

I did NOT see where you should say yes to their other services and I did NOT see the 7 day cancellation waiver.

Bad company bad services - beware

I did a search on myself with my social security number and found all kinds of incorrect information. They are not very accurate. They listed the addresses of my siblings and parents as my address.

View more comments (28)
Rochester, New York
Loss

Intelius - oh no you don't

I ordered a one-time people search from Intelius, the information was old enough for an archeologists dig and today they removed $19.95 from my bank account which I did not request and now my account is overdrawn. $2.50 for bad information, $19.95 theft - what a deal. Should they not return my money I will contact the state Attorney General's consumer complaints department and the Federal Trade Commission and also file a complaint because these people should not be in business because they don't provide the information they claim they do. Buyer Beware, I also need to follow that advise.

I paid for a one-time telephone number and then was charged $19.95 per month for ongoing service which I did not want or request.

Do not use Intelius ever.

I agree, this company is doing nothing more than playing *** artist. I decided to do a reverse phone number search of my personal number...a test run for accuracy.

To my surprise the number came up under another name and address. When I called customer service I was offered a credit to use their worthless service again. If the information is this old, I call this stealing.

Thanks for the information on the General Attorney.

I will contact them as well as dispute the charge with my credit card co.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE IF YOU WANT ACCURATE INFORMATION. THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A COMPANY GETTING FAT ON WORTHLESS INFORMATION.

Thanks for the information on the General Attorney.

I will contact them as well as dispute the charge with my credit card co.

Well, very nice to know... because I will also be calling them up for the last two months I was billed as well for the $19.95 from pmidentity...well I called up and they did cancel me right away...I was a little taken back because I had to ask what this charge was from......I didn't freak out then because I thought Maybe it was my mistake....but I know that I also ordered a one time 24 hour access...

I'm pissed, all of these companies take your money and HOPE you don't notice so they can keep on taking it until you do..

#20996

#20222

Intelius refunded my account with the money they took out. All you have to do is tell them you will contact your state Attorney General or the Federal Trade Commission...........this is the fourth time something like this has happened to me and they both have been very helpful.

#20173

At Intelius we take customer service very seriously, please contact me at contactus@***.com and I would be happy to address the issues you mentioned in your post. Thanks - Chris

View more comments (6)
Medford, Oregon

Intelius=SCAM

About 6 weeks ago I used Intelius to find out the name and address of a number that kept calling my cell phone. After paying $5 they gave me the first name but no other information. I complained but received no response and no credit back to my charge card. The next month my credit card gets charged $19.95. Intelius had signed me up for a Indentity Theft Protection against my consent. After finding this "Pissed Consumer" website and reading about quite a few people being hit by this scam, I called Intelius to complain about the unauthorized charge. The female rep actually tried to talk me into the service that they already charged my card for. I told her I did a little search on the internet about this scam and that Intelius has pi$$ed off more than just a few people. If she didn't want me to take further action that the charge better be removed, pronto. They removed the charge and I haven't seen another since but being the scammers they are I'm sure they'll do it again.

they are disonhest dont know how to work onhest dont do any bussiness with intelius u will lose money there snakes in the grass iam contacting the att gen to file a class action law suite e mail me 2 KRWINFLA@***.COM IF YOUR A VICTIM

yes they are sneaky scamers the hit me i cancalled and hit me three months later iam going after these *** bags beware dont use ther services unless u want to lose money krwinfla@***.com keith

#20174

Saginaw, Michigan

Intelius has hacked my computer

These pond *** should be in prison. I just spent a lot of time and money to protect the sanctity of MY PERSONAL PRIVACY. Like most Americans I VALUE my privay but *** like this company uses tracking cookies to make your life miserable. Every time you try to get some information on the net - *** like Intelius hacks you with pop ups that interrupt your train of thpught and privacy. They then DARE to call themselves business people. That are comon criminals whose liveilhood depends upon their ability to invade EVERYONE'S privacy! These creeps belong in prison. I RISKED MY LIFE years ago in uniform of an Airborne Special operations commander to protect basic American freedoms. ONE of those cherished freedoms is freedom from invasion of privacy. MY computer is NOT a public toilet. it does NOT belong to eveyone in the world and like my telephone - I have the right NOT to be spied on.

I am a seasoned hacking. Starting rates 150$ per page.

Dude they can still ge through, are you the one with no brains. That is why it is called HACKING...HACKING..even when you block cookies and block ups..

Maybe he just didn't put his complaint in the right format. It can be you next...

Dude, just block the pop ups and cookies on your computer and don't complain about it again. Like you said you have the freedom of choosing to block or not to block pop ups and cookies.

Tampa, Florida

Intelius

I was charged twice for membership. Also no information was found for what I was looking for. The first was my mistake for even payinng once for this site. Their mistake was to not come through with what they said they would and charged me twice. They decucted from my account $19.95 on the 10th of June and then again on the 15th of June. How can that be being billed twice in five days and then not help search in any way Very scary for a company to beable to just take funds out of your account without being authorized.
#20178

Lakewood, Washington

Intelius Overcharge Scam

I purchased an online phone report from Intelius on 6/20/08 for a price of $4.96. When I received my receipt online, I was charged a total of $9.90. When I called Intelius customer service, I was told 3 times that the extra charge was an error of their online program. When I asked for my $4.94 back as it was Intelius's error, I was told that Intelius does not give refunds. I explained that if it was Intelius's error it would not be considered a refund. The customer service person repeated 3 more times that Intelius does not give refunds. I called Intelius back thinking I was dealing with an unhelpful person, but no, the second person repeated the same "no refund" line.

intelius is a criminal orginzation. Why would the bank card companies continue to do business with this rip off.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Loss

Intelius is full of none sense!!!

Intelius is full of none sense!!! Do Not Use any of the Services With Intelius! The information Intelius provides is in complete and unsatisfactory for the amount of money they charge. Also, the customer service personal is ignorant about the services they have. The only thing they know is to tell you that is the following: “I am sorry but the money we've charge is none refundable." I think that this company needs to be checked by government officials and be fined for undelivered services or they should refund the money back to the consumers. Conserned Citezin. June 17, 2008
Long Beach, California

Intelius.com playing games...

So about a week ago, I ordered a ONE TIME report for $2.95 on Intelius.com and made sure to READ ALL FINE PRINT before giving going ahead with the order. This morning, I noticed that my account had a charge on it for $19.95 for an "IK9*PRIVACY MATTERS". Of course, right off the bat I was pissed because I had no clue who the *** it was and didn't want to deal with my PAIN IN THE *** bank. So I decided to do a search on "IK9*PRIVACY MATTERS" and found this website with tons of information. I didn't go A-wall, but I did call them up. I told them what happened, that it was a WIDESPREAD known fact that they are doing this AND to refund my bank account RIGHT AWAY. Like clock work, the person on the other end read what seemed to be a script, told me that this would be taken care of and to have a nice day. Anyone know if this can be reported to a federal agency? The lady I spoke to was CLARIECE with PRIVACY MATTERS.

BEWARE! BEWARE!

BEWARE!

Although Intelius is a reasonable search engine for $1.95, Intelius very deceitfully, in small print will enroll you in their ID Protection Program for $19.95 a month. If you do not scutinize your charge card statement they will continue to charge you $19.95 a month.

This identical thing happened to a Wells Fargo Bank employee who works in the charge card department and she has received numerous complaints about Intelius unauthorized billings to customer charge cards. So do not use Intelius but if you must then be sure to check your charge card statement monthly.

They *** me too. But I'm about to *** THEM!

View more comments (1)
Bloomfield, New Jersey

Rude CSR's, PMIdentity scam, unanswered calls and emails

Got charged for a service I didn't sign up for. Spend lots of time on the phone to straighten it out. Almost 2 months of unanswered calls and emails only to be told today via email from intelius customer service to "*** IN A SHOE". I asked why he was so rude and was then told "THAT IS WHAT IN IN OUR MANUAL. Yup, no joke, copies of the email will be mailed, emailed and faxed to anyone important I can find in that company. I am just shocked! People work in the customer service industry and have no customer skills. I'm tired of them getting away with it. They ruin it for the people who work hard to make customers happy and for us customers who PAY for their services!
#20207

Willimantic, Connecticut

Intelius.com is a scam!

DO NOT ever buy any "products" from Intelius.com. I wanted to do a criminal record search on some *** that stole my identity. You find out ABOUT the record, but you can't view it's contents. They mislead you into thinking if you spend just a little more money, you've got it. Fat chance! All they do is tell you about more reports that you have to buy. They do not tell you anything, except that you have to buy into the next level of their scam. Their system is built up in layers. Every new type of info cost more money. They want you to buy the 50 dollar report, which I didn't do, but I ended up wasting 40 dollars anyway. These people are *** artists. They are not a legitimate business. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

They charged my credit card on 2 different days for $14.95 and then in the 3rd day they tried to charge my credit card but my credit card Suspected fraud so they contacted me ...my Amex has opened up a fraud case . The 1st charge was on December 30th , 2nd on December 31st and the 3rd attempt was made on January 1st 2020 ... total scammers BEWARE !!!!

If you are unhappy with your report, or need additional assistance please contact a

customer support representative.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

My checking account is in chaos because I spent $1.75 to check out someone's address w/Intelius. They have signed me up for products I didn't buy and are taking money out my account on weekends when I can't get ahold of anyone over the phone.

I have stopped my debit card and am considering changing banks. I have lost $150.00 so far.

I am on SSI and have only $220 a month after rent. So you see what they have done to my life.

New Gloucester, Maine

INTELIUS DOESN'T DELIVER

i ordered a reverse phone number check on a single telephone number mainly because their advertisement claimed that they have the name, address and other details "AVAILABLE". but as soon as i paid with my credit card, i noticed that "AVAILABLE" quickly became "ASSISTED PHONE SEARCH IS REQUIRED" and i would actually have to wait 24-48 hours. 48 hours later, i called customer service and was told that it can actually take up to 72 hours. in the meantime i spent 15.55 mins of my time at 45 cents per minute on the phone to get this answer. 8 hours after i spoke with customer service, i noticed an email from intelius with the heading "NEW REPORT AVAILABLE", but in it, it said that the requested information is "NOT AVAILABLE" and that my credit card has not been charged (as if i should be thankful for that). so whatever happened to their initial claim that the information for such and such number is "AVAILABLE"? it is sickening that such a supposedly large online intel company can engage in such trickery.

oh, i almost fell for that! Thanks for the warning.

ID
#121942 Review #121942 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York

Do not use intelius

Total Rip-Off...waste of hard-earned money....Their advertisement is very misleading..Do not use! Said name and address of user was available but only gave me the name of the wireless server that this individual uses and the city and state that this user lives in. No name and no address...but the supposed income and the supposed value of the house the person lives in. I wanted to know who the person is who is calling me and hanging up. The other information does not interest me. Don't make the same mistake I did! You will regret throwing away your money.
Madison, Wisconsin